Concertone DVD / Radio Woes again

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by lbcarr87, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

[:(] We have a built in Concertone DVD,CD, Radio player. I have read that this brand is notorious for failures. Went out for a five day trip and the darn thing just wouldn't come on. Power button had no effect at all. I unscrewed the unit from it's mounting place and checked for any loose wires but found nothing.
    Any body have any thoughts about what could be wrong? I am strongly considering replacing this thing, can anyone recommend a different brand that might be of higher quality?

2. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

ah ha - I may have found another option. Just found an electronics repair place in town that I didn't even know existed. Will stop by there to see if they can diagnose the issue and what their rates are.

3. austinm48

austinm48 http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/austinm48

i had one of thos pos radios in mine too and theyre way expensive to replace and theyre not worth it i read on the website that reviews them that they all break and tyhe only interesting thing about the radio was it had an inside and and and outside stereo output mine right out of the rv dealer would not play dvds but would play cds so now i have a panasonic cd player in mine and it sounds so much better

4. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

5. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

Same thing I have heard so will check into the panasonic. I do want inside outside sound though. Thanks for the reply

6. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

How do you like the jensen, I have seen them for much less than the link shows ? Is it worth the risk?

7. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Jensen makes good stuff. I remember back in the late 70's I had a Jensen 8 track player that was virtually indestructible.