Control Box question

dangitcarl17

Mar 7, 2022
Can anyone tell me what these two knobs are for? I’m assuming the bottom left is for something with propane not sure about the top right. 2005 Viking Saga 2107 14637D04-B8FA-44AB-9076-3D0818AD67AE.jpeg

teejaywhy

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2011
Just to clarify, ALL of the controls pictured are for the refrigerator.

IMPORTANT: Of the three ON/OFF controls, only ONE of them should be ON at a time.
Green Rocker for 120VAC operation.
Red Rocker for 12VDC operation (normally not recommended to use)
Left Knob to LO/MED/HI for Propane operation.

Red Pushbutton is the propane igniter. I won't detail the start process, but can be searched. Can be tricky to get started, sometimes a long butane stick lighter works better.

Right knob is temperature control for AC power.

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
Also, when lighting the propane feature, as stated above, make sure that the 12 Volt switch and the AC switch are in the off position. Store the camper with those switches OFF. You have to push down on the left propane knob to turn it. You will have to hold it down until the propane flame stays lit. This can take some time if there is a lot of air in the propane line. Might take as long as 3 or 4 minutes of holding the knob down before the burner will light. From then on it will light instantly.

Dougster

May 9, 2007
Can anyone tell me what these two knobs are for? I’m assuming the bottom left is for something with propane not sure about the top right. 2005 Viking Saga 2107 View attachment 82875
Left one is also used to light the propane--turn to high and hold it down while sparking the red button (as stated earlier, turn off both the green and red switches. If you leave the red switch on for long, it will drain your battery.

DerSenator

Jun 20, 2020
Can anyone tell me what these two knobs are for? I’m assuming the bottom left is for something with propane not sure about the top right. 2005 Viking Saga 2107 View attachment 82875
Hi Dang 😉

The knob on the right is temp control for electric 120 and 12v inputs. If you turn it all the way "down" you'll feel a "click" and that means off. All the way "up" will make the fridge colder. Only select one input source at a time, just like you have in the pic. For propane, you'll want both switches "off".

The one on the left is for propane. Propane is a VERY effective way to cool the fridge, albeit a bit more costly than electric. I'd recommend cooling off the fridge before departing with electric. Then once at camp going med or low with propane if you don't have electric service. If cooling solely with propane in hot weather, go with high and then turn down to med once it's cool or you may freeze your refridgeratables!

Jun 24, 2019
Mays Landing NJ
Also, when lighting the propane feature, as stated above, make sure that the 12 Volt switch and the AC switch are in the off position. Store the camper with those switches OFF. You have to push down on the left propane knob to turn it. You will have to hold it down until the propane flame stays lit. This can take some time if there is a lot of air in the propane line. Might take as long as 3 or 4 minutes of holding the knob down before the burner will light. From then on it will light instantly.
You may want to run the inside stove first to help purge air in the lines before starting the LP burner for the fridge. As stated above, this is a 3-way fridge. Runs on LP, 12v, and 120v. Most of these fridges dont get very cold, so you may want to bring a good cooler and ice to supplement this fridge. Some people put the fridge on 120v overnight, then run 12v while towing. Then they switch to lp when onsite. You will have to decide what works best for you. Be sure to clean out cobwebs, etc. For your heater, be sure to put a "mud-wasp screen" over your heater exhaust. I found a nest in my heater while servicing it, then I bought the screen and installed it. They also go into my storage area for the 120V house cord. They can wreak havoc on your electric and heating system if you don't keep an eye out for them.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
the thermostatic temperature control only works on 120v. On LP gas you are manually adjusting tihe boiler flame to suit the conditions. 12v operation is on continuously. you should download the schematic diagram to see for yourself