Convenient hanging kitchen utensils set.

landon6062

Jun 15, 2018
South Carolina
Sorry everyone.. I didn't get alerted that there was a response to this thread?? um. Surely it is something I did..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Found this little handy dandy "spice container" yesterday.. and thought I would pass it along as a good idea// 20180628_084821.jpg

I can't do without SPICE.. lol

it has SIX main spices, and is refillable..

salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, curry, cayenne..

Of course, I am sure you could change them out if you would like..

Just thought I would pass it along.. saves SPACE, and is convenient..

Purchased at WAL-MART..

KamperKel

Nov 5, 2017
South Carolina
Sorry everyone.. I didn't get alerted that there was a response to this thread?? um. Surely it is something I did..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Found this little handy dandy "spice container" yesterday.. and thought I would pass it along as a good idea// View attachment 40891

I can't do without SPICE.. lol

it has SIX main spices, and is refillable..

salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, curry, cayenne..

Of course, I am sure you could change them out if you would like..

Just thought I would pass it along.. saves SPACE, and is convenient..

Purchased at WAL-MART..
I have been using this multi spice contain for years, but didn't realize it was refillable, lol. Now I have to go and check mine.

landon6062

Jun 15, 2018
South Carolina
I have been using this multi spice contain for years, but didn't realize it was refillable, lol. Now I have to go and check mine.

Omg.. after taking it out of the package.. I see you are correct it is not designed to be Refillable.. MY BAD.. tricky tricky tricky.

That residual income coming into play.. LOL

Though I am considering breaking the seal.. don't tell anyone though.. LOL

KamperKel

Nov 5, 2017
South Carolina
Omg.. after taking it out of the package.. I see you are correct it is not designed to be Refillable.. MY BAD.. tricky tricky tricky.

That residual income coming into play.. LOL

Though I am considering breaking the seal.. don't tell anyone though.. LOL
Well I just tried on one of my older multi spice shaker...didn't work.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX

KamperKel

Nov 5, 2017
South Carolina
I have the smaller spice missile for tent camping. This is the larger spice rocket.

https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors...8&qid=1530295694&sr=8-2&keywords=spice+rocket

It is on my list to get. I have been pretty happy with the smaller one, but it does not hold enough for an extended trip.

I have also seen this kit, which also caught my eye:

https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors...8&qid=1530295694&sr=8-3&keywords=spice+rocket

I've looked at both of these items, too.

Katskamper

Super Active Member
Nov 21, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
an Amish built pup/cabin on wheels is an excellent idea.
pic on fb yesterday of amish 2horse buggy on the boat ramp dropping a pedal power fishing boat.
RESPECT.

Customer

Super Active Member
Jun 5, 2014
...Wonder what an Amish built PUP would look like?

Probably just like every other pup. The RV industry employs a huge number of Amish workers so your pup likely was built by Amish workers.

I wonder what a Catholic built pup would look like. How about a Jewish built pup?

I've never understood how a person's religion makes a product they build any different from another.

Dan from Troup

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2018
Troup, Texas
Probably just like every other pup. The RV industry employs a huge number of Amish workers so your pup likely was built by Amish workers.

I wonder what a Catholic built pup would look like. How about a Jewish built pup?

I've never understood how a person's religion makes a product they build any different from another.

Amish is synonymous with handbuilt quality as in furniture, quilts, houses. Got to meet a buggy builder once on a road trip at a restaurant. Saw their buggy outside and couldn't miss who they were inside. I walked our young daughter over to his table and introduced ourselves and asked him about his buggy. He was thrilled I'd taken an interest in his ride and told me he built them. His whole family was with him and how beautiful they were. I've never thought of Amish as a separate religion but a sect of people who are representative of a work ethic that has died in America, particularly with our youth.

Customer

Super Active Member
Jun 5, 2014
Amish is synonymous with handbuilt quality...

True, but it is a myth. The RV industry employs many thousands of Amish workers and we all know the RV industry has terrible quality control issues. That is why when people make the mistake of using "Amish built" as synonymous with quality, I have no choice but to make a joke out of it.

Dan from Troup

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2018
Troup, Texas
You apparently live in Amish Country and allegedly know about these things first hand whereas I do not and can only speculate. I'm curious though as you cite the employment of Amish by non-Amish employers whose profit incentives undercut their quality in the RV industry. What about in-house Amish industries like organic crops sold to the public, fine quilts and handcrafted furniture? Surely there must be integrity and craftsmanship in their cottage industries?

Toedtoes

Super Active Member
May 28, 2018
California
You apparently live in Amish Country and allegedly know about these things first hand whereas I do not and can only speculate. I'm curious though as you cite the employment of Amish by non-Amish employers whose profit incentives undercut their quality in the RV industry. What about in-house Amish industries like organic crops sold to the public, fine quilts and handcrafted furniture? Surely there must be integrity and craftsmanship in their cottage industries?

i think the point is that you can't assume quality from a label. Whether it's "made by Amish", "made in America" or " made in China ", etc. Inspect the quality before you buy.

The Amish are just like any other group doing business and corners may get cut just like the rest.

Customer

Super Active Member
Jun 5, 2014
i think the point is that you can't assume quality from a label. Whether it's "made by Amish", "made in America" or " made in China ", etc. Inspect the quality before you buy.

The Amish are just like any other group doing business and corners may get cut just like the rest.
thumbs-up-circle-blue-512.png