Converter Fan pulses

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by zimthejeepman, Jul 14, 2011.

1. zimthejeepman

zimthejeepman New Member

Hi my converter fan will turn on for a second and turn off and repeats in a pulsing matter. I am connected to the house and if I turn the fridge to 12V then the fan runs continuously. On a side note I had the camper hooked up to the tow vehicle for a few hours and it ran the vehicle's battery dead. 2009 Fleetwood E3 World Friendship Co. 8712.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

2. Twisty

Twisty New Member

I would contact the converter manufacturer.

3. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

Hi Mike

If your E3 is like mine the converter fan comes on and off based to the load. Once it hits around 20 amps it is on full time.
    As to your other question... The refer on mine uses 14 amps to run it on 12 volt. If I leave the TV pluged in and not runing, it will drain the battery over night. Changing the battery on the trailer to a pair of group 29's added alot of run time.

4. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

It is best to never run the fridge on 12vdc unless you are hooked to the TV with a 7-pin wiring system and are driving. Otherwise you can kill both batteries (PUP and TV) in very little time.