Cooking Outdoors...

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by Rey-Pop-UP, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Rey-Pop-UP

Rey-Pop-UP Member

Personally nothing beats cooking outdoors. The food even taste better and clean up is a breeze! Sometimes the simplest things are the best..HAPPY CAMPING EVERYONE! B8CD7120-6F80-4753-A696-3EFB0EF1AD45.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have the same griddle. Recently picked up the 22" 2 burner, can't wait to try it out as well. However, for me cleanup isn't always a breeze, depending on what I am cooking. Griddle, yes, but various pots and pans, plates, etc always annoy me. I hate dishwashing by hand, but I try to avoid the use of paper or other disposable plates. No campfires for me, so no burning up the paper plates either. That is one of the things I really don't like about camping, but I deal with it. Collapsible wash basins and drying racks, camp kitchens with sinks and drain containers mean my cook station keeps getting bigger!

Totally agree with the food though, always better on a campout.

Rey-Pop-UP and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Best way to cook! Although when the weather is very poor, think horizontal rain, I may stick with sandwiches or soup warmed up on the camper stove.

I tought my niece how to bake a pizza in the Dutch oven using hot coals once. She exclaimed with a big smile, "I feel like a pioneer". It's my way of stepping back in time to realize how thankful I am, and how much easier things are now. My stress then just melts away. :cool:
    Of course that only lasts as long as I get back to work and the boss reminds me everything comes at a cost. [;{}]

neighbormike, Rey-Pop-UP and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

I get the clean up statement for sure. That’s why I roast a lot of hot dogs over the coals, actually fire as I typically don’t have patience to wait for coals.

Rey-Pop-UP likes this.
  5. Rey-Pop-UP

Rey-Pop-UP Member

Agree! Lol cleanup is usually no one’s favorite part. We have a set of plates we keep in our pup and reuse but sometimes paper plates are more practical.

6. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Our "fire" is the charcoal starter chimney. We put charcoal in it and fire it off with paper. By the time we get back with the food to cook, it's ready. We cook over the chimney, hot dogs, s'mores, etc. Grandson likes it. Campground friendly, since it produces very little smoke. When through, dump it in the fire ring, separate the coals, and out it goes.

Rey-Pop-UP likes this.
  7. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Not sure how you get the cleanup is a breeze thing, but okay...