Cool looking tiny camper.

Discussion in 'Vintage & Off The Wall Campers' started by jmkay1, May 28, 2019.

1. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Here is a cool looking tiny trailer with a popup roof. Still has the canvas but offers more headroom space than your teardrops. No, not looking to buy one just wanted to share.

Clipper Camping Trailers 9.0TD Express

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Saw one listed near me recently... wouldn't work for me at this point, but would have been all over that (and the No-Bo's) when I was younger!!

Milemaker13 likes this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. I could see myself using it for quick weekend trips only with just me and one dog, but I love the comfort and space of my larger popup.

tfischer likes this.
  4. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

I wouldn't mind as long as I have somewhere to get a good nights sleep!

5. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  6. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I get so spoiled with the space efficiency of a pop-up. Two large beds that stick out and don't detract from the floorplan, a full dinette for eating or game playing when it's pouring rain outside, and a small kitchenette for clean-up or cooking when it's too bad outside.

I like the concept of this little trailer though. I do wish it had a regular door instead of a half-door, half tent flap that you have to unzip (my biggest complaint about the Quicksilver trailers as well). I'm not sure where you keep your clothes and camping supplies while in one of these, though. I guess I've gotten posh and spoiled since our tent-camping days 5+ years ago where we had to deal with all these things lol. Of course my tent cost < $200 and I'm guessing this is 50 times that or more. (EDIT: Google reveals a local dealer has a new one on sale for $6300. Not bad for what it is, but still expensive for a tent :) )

Orchid, Milemaker13 and jmkay1 like this.
  7. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

An intriguing concept. I have long wondered about a DIY teardrop of sorts larger than your typical. Say a 7' wide x 12' long platform base to provide sufficient room for a king size bed, that could potentially fold up, a pop up roof to allow for headroom to allow for a small wet bath, and slide out kitchen, perhaps a tiny AC tongue mounted.

Just something big enough to "get the job done", small enough and simple enough to make for fast grab and go getaways on the weekends.

8. Milemaker13

Milemaker13 Active Member

Theres a fancy-a$$ camper called the safari condo. Its a popup tear drop from canada. Its super sweet but cost is like $35-40k.
    Oh boy!

9. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I just looked it up. Holy crap... for that price I could get a pretty decked out late model 5th wheel. I guess some people have a lot of money to spend but only want something tiny.

Milemaker13 likes this.
  10. Milemaker13

Milemaker13 Active Member

We saw it up in WI. We decided to ask about it. The guy showed me the interior. It is tight! All the windows on the pop up section are glass- no tent material /all rigid walls. Full inside shower/toilet (wet bath) All aluminum construction means no rot and sub- 2000lb tow weight. All solar and modern and just nice. We wish we could spring for something like that... but I'm sure the mortgage would appreciate a 40k cash dump more than camping ever could!!

11. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

and the Safari Condo has a waiting list to even get one......we saw one at a campground here in Maryland couple of years ago, they are pretty cool.