Costco battery

Dan Wilson

Jan 30, 2019
Appleton, WI
I bought a Costco Interstate group 27 13 months ago for my popup but found this spring it won't charge. Today I took it back and was told it only has a 12-month warranty so I am SOL Number one, I was ignorant of the one year warranty, not a good sign. The clerk said she tells people to trade their batteries at the 11 month mark, another not good recommendation for this battery. I plunked down 88 bucks for the replacement but thinking more of giving this a year and probably going to Batteries Plus for something of a better quality.

ezakoske

Nov 30, 2014
Escondido, CA
Is there an Interstate store anywhere near you? I'd be inclined to take it there if you still have it. I also agree that it is unusual to have a failed battery at the 13-month mark....

McFlyfi

Super Active Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thousand Oaks CA
I've got a Costco battery that is 4 years old, and is still going strong. Not connected to the trailer (back up battery), charge it every 6 weeks, water it when needed...

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
Was it one of the Marine/RV batteries? IF so, I seem to recall that they only had a 12 month warranty, unlike the car ones with a 3 year warranty. They recently had the marine/RV ones on an endcap in the store and thought about getting one, but the 12 month warranty turned me off.

generok

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
Ugh, my Dad sold Interstate automotive batteries for years, and they really did well and had a super easy warranty. So, when I put new RV/Marine 24s in the TT, I got the Interstates at Costco too. The first season was great, no problems. The second season I kept waking up with 11.5V. I had to run the genny for hours to get them back up. I read a lot of reviews and the Interstate RV/Marine batteries get pretty bad reviews and my experience was typical (the batteries came inside each winter and were on a Battery Minder all winter). So, I just replaced them with Duracell GC2 batteries from Batteries +. They really seem to hold a charge, but then again, they are brand new. Time will tell.

Dan Wilson

Jan 30, 2019
Appleton, WI
Was it one of the Marine/RV batteries? IF so, I seem to recall that they only had a 12 month warranty, unlike the car ones with a 3 year warranty. They recently had the marine/RV ones on an endcap in the store and thought about getting one, but the 12 month warranty turned me off.
Yes, but I blame myself for not noting the one-year warranty, otherwise I would have passed as well.

Dan Wilson

Jan 30, 2019
Appleton, WI
Ugh, my Dad sold Interstate automotive batteries for years, and they really did well and had a super easy warranty. So, when I put new RV/Marine 24s in the TT, I got the Interstates at Costco too. The first season was great, no problems. The second season I kept waking up with 11.5V. I had to run the genny for hours to get them back up. I read a lot of reviews and the Interstate RV/Marine batteries get pretty bad reviews and my experience was typical (the batteries came inside each winter and were on a Battery Minder all winter). So, I just replaced them with Duracell GC2 batteries from Batteries +. They really seem to hold a charge, but then again, they are brand new. Time will tell.
That is exactly what happened in my case. I suspect a failed cell. Mine showed 11.5 votes as well.