couple more pics of new boat

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by nineoaks2004, Jul 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

One shows the wheel for moving it around like a wheelbarrow, the wheel also swings over under the seat when afloat or removed boat1.JPG boat3.JPG Boat2.JPG

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I think the only problem with it, is its on cardboard. It will never go anwhere that way[:D] good luck with it!

Orchid likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

I got to thinking what you said and figured you were correct and that the cardboard would weight it down too much, so I got rid of the cardboard :)

Orchid, friartuck and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. rsdata

rsdata Member

a couple of questions...

how do you power it? oars?
    how small of an area does it take when deflated... an area about the size of the seat when folded, or larger?

Any good stories you can tell you have had with your new toy?

5. nineoaks2004

I haven't put it in the water yet.. Too darn hot..
    I can either use the 7' oars or my favorite at my age an electric trolling motor, it has the place for mounting it and for the battery etc. It will fit in two bags, but I am going to partially deflate it and put in the bed of my pick up it will fit just perfect along with the rest of it. It comes apart with locking pins.

6. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

I bought 2 of these this summer for my son and I. He loves it. I find it impossible to paddle in a straight line. I sold mine (at a loss) and went back to my inflatable paddle board. If you’re really interested in these, I suggest buying one with a trolling motor mount and battery tray like the one shown.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  7. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

I used to have that exact pontoon boat...might have been the original Colorado version idk. Was awesome on the James River in southern Virginia. It was a smallmouth bass catching machine. Just add a small foldable anchor and you're all set. I only ever rowed/floated in it, never had a trolling motor+battery on it. With all my fishing stuff I would probably have been over the weight limit lol

On that note, I'd get the lightest battery you can afford. You're going to need to move it twice every trip.

8. nineoaks2004

Mine came with the trolling motor mount that can be moved left or right side, I made a mount on the other side and mounted a piece of 1" wide flat bar with the
    the el cheapo ($50.00 for the unit at Amazon) sonar unit transducer on it,

9. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

I have a similar set up and love it 6CB8775A-22CE-4386-839C-D123A07D3606.jpeg . What’s the deal with that wheel? Came with the boat?

10. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

You guys that love these things must have a better back than I do. My son is 13 and loves his because he can fish from it for hours and not be tired. My back hurt too much after an hour. I use an inflatable paddle board with a cooler strapped on it that I use as a seat. This is the one I have...https://fishstalkerpro.com/