couple more pics of new boat

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I think the only problem with it, is its on cardboard. It will never go anwhere that way[:D] good luck with it!

rsdata

Oct 3, 2011
N. KY
a couple of questions...

how do you power it? oars?
how small of an area does it take when deflated... an area about the size of the seat when folded, or larger?

Any good stories you can tell you have had with your new toy?

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
a couple of questions...

how do you power it? oars?
how small of an area does it take when deflated... an area about the size of the seat when folded, or larger?

Any good stories you can tell you have had with your new toy?

I haven't put it in the water yet.. Too darn hot..
I can either use the 7' oars or my favorite at my age an electric trolling motor, it has the place for mounting it and for the battery etc. It will fit in two bags, but I am going to partially deflate it and put in the bed of my pick up it will fit just perfect along with the rest of it. It comes apart with locking pins.

giadiep

Sep 5, 2015
Syracuse, NY
I bought 2 of these this summer for my son and I. He loves it. I find it impossible to paddle in a straight line. I sold mine (at a loss) and went back to my inflatable paddle board. If you’re really interested in these, I suggest buying one with a trolling motor mount and battery tray like the one shown.

Last edited:

Steveo4090

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2020
Lancaster PA
I used to have that exact pontoon boat...might have been the original Colorado version idk. Was awesome on the James River in southern Virginia. It was a smallmouth bass catching machine. Just add a small foldable anchor and you're all set. I only ever rowed/floated in it, never had a trolling motor+battery on it. With all my fishing stuff I would probably have been over the weight limit lol

On that note, I'd get the lightest battery you can afford. You're going to need to move it twice every trip.

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
I bought 2 of these this summer for my son and I. He loves it. I find it impossible to paddle in a straight line. I sold mine (at a loss) and went back to my inflatable paddle board. If you’re really interested in these, I suggest buying one with a trolling motor mount and battery tray like the one shown.

Mine came with the trolling motor mount that can be moved left or right side, I made a mount on the other side and mounted a piece of 1" wide flat bar with the
the el cheapo ($50.00 for the unit at Amazon) sonar unit transducer on it,

giadiep

Sep 5, 2015
Syracuse, NY
You guys that love these things must have a better back than I do. My son is 13 and loves his because he can fish from it for hours and not be tired. My back hurt too much after an hour. I use an inflatable paddle board with a cooler strapped on it that I use as a seat. This is the one I have...https://fishstalkerpro.com/

mk4

Nov 20, 2014
I had a framed 8-footer, gave it to my buddy (it's the green orvis, third one back). I switched the oar locks to brass ones and upgraded the oars. And then about 10 years ago, I upgraded to the scadden frameless (blue 10 footer in the front). I also have the 8 foot version of the frameless scadden.

I think they row and track better. Since I fly fish, I'll use them with fins and they're better for that purpose because they sit lower in the water. Also, you don't drop stuff into the water as you would with a framed one. The frameless pontoons are lighter and pack down way smaller. The 10 footer is 40 lbs, the 8 footer is 30. You just lift it up and put it on your shoulder.

Last edited: