Couple of questions about our Pup

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Lisar1969, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Lisar1969

Lisar1969 Member

We are just back from a 2 night camp in a friend's backyard. Great time, but man it was cold! Thank God I bought us a heated mattress pad! We are planning for a 4 or 5 night stay at Salt Fork S.P. next month and will be using a water connection for the first time. I have a filter and am planning to get a "Y" splitter to run a hose to the front of our pup for rinsing, cleaning, etc. I keep seeing in other posts about using a pressure regulator. Do I need one?
    The other question is about using battery power. Our pup came with a battery, but does not seem to have anywhere to connect it to the camper. There is a 4 prong (I think) wire connector under the counter next to the sink, but I don't know what it is for either. I will get a picture of it when I open it up this week to check out how to use the water connection/storage tank.
    One thing we forgot to do was pull the crank handle from the back of the camper and put it away!! Thankfully it was still attached after the hour and 15 minute drive home!!!

2. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Pictures would be very helpful.

Does your PUP have an electrical panel somewhere? Where is the battery located?

3. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

I can answer the question about the pressure regulator. Yes, you need one. If for anything else, peace of mind your system isn't over pressurized.

Lisar1969 likes this.
  4. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

C/F campers originally had a white connector with black and whites coming out a hole on the tongue. A pigtail with ring connectors and self resetting circuit breaker on the black wire plugs into that connector. Here's the connector on my Niagara.

https://goo.gl/photos/auDF5LjuRiezQfGd9

5. Lisar1969

Lisar1969 Member

I have one of those! Now I just need to order the piece that goes from there to the battery. This is why I love this group! Thank you so much!

6. Lisar1969

Lisar1969 Member

Thank you so much! I will pick one up when I get to town!

7. Lisar1969

Lisar1969 Member

The battery is in the tool box on the tongue. There are no connectors anywhere on it. There is a plastic cover on something under the dining table. I will get pics when I get it opened up this afternoon. I found the connector that mstrbill mentioned on the tongue as well.

8. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

The plastic cover should be your electrical panel. Behind that panel (under the bench?) there should be a converter with a large (1/2" thick) black electrical cord attached to it. There should be a big 3-prong plug at end of that cord which is your "shore power" connection. Once you get the connecter for the battery, get the battery connected to the PUP and plug into the shore power, the converter probably will also charge the battery. You can also purchase an adapter for the shore power plug that allows you to plug the shore power into a regular home outlet.

KWAZ and Lisar1969 like this.
  9. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

How did you like the pads? We're getting them with the 2012 Coachman we're taking delivery of this Sat and have never used them before, not that we will use them much down here in FL but we do get some cool nights from Nov to Feb when we're camping.

10. Lisar1969

Lisar1969 Member

It was great! I forgot to pack the heavy blankets, so we just had 1 soft blanket. The first night I set it on 5 and hubby turned it down. Second night was cold enough to frost and I had it set on 8! I got it on Amazon for $50 or $60. Money well spent!

scubacamper likes this.