Cover For South Florida-Help

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by rcpopup, Dec 16, 2017.

1. rcpopup

rcpopup Member

I am looking for a durable cover for my pop up which is located in Miami, FL. Up to now I have used Camco Ultra Guard but they barely last one year. Have claimed under warranty to replace for half price,$50+$26 shipping, but maybe I can do better with a better material.
    Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated.

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We never cover ours, here in Florida. We camp year round so it's up and down a lot. Honestly, the sun eats through just about everything here, so doubt if you will find anything good for long term.

Mongo71 likes this.
  3. Fasttimes7

Fasttimes7 Member

I'm in the exact same situation as you with the exact same covers. I've just basically been replacing them under warranty after a year. I buy them on Amazon and they have a one year warranty. I replace them just before the year is up because the FL sun has all but destroyed it by then. 100% covered under warranty, I don't pay for anything shipping or not. So in past 4 years I've had 4 covers, paid for two of them, two were replacements. I figured I'm getting each cover for about half the price which is not too bad.

I'm sure there must be a better quality brand out there that can handle the Fl sun but I havne't figured out which one it is.

4. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Well-Known Member

Here in So Cal, we face the same thing. My side yard where the pup is stored has the house on one side and the fence on the other. I've rigged a shade cloth cover (like at a nursery) between the house and the fence, and an Adco cover over the pup. The shade cloth was about $60 on Amazon, the cover about $110. With this double cover set up, and the wear I've seen so far, I expect this setup to last 5-ish years.

Ps- the bonus coverage of the shade cloth keeps the cover cleaner, which I think will contribute to its longevity.

5. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

I keep mine covered with just the blue tarp that I get at Harbor Freight. Now here in Jax, FL I don't have my exposed to the direct sun like you must down state, mine is more to keep the pine needles and tree debris from collecting from the large amount of trees on my property. The tarps last a year plus and only cost $10 on sale.