Covering your popup.

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by jackfrost, Aug 16, 2013.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Member

Was spending three weeks traveling Tennessee, Virginia, ect. We saw many pop ups set up but most had tarps covering the entire pop up. Can some one explain why?
    It seems like a lot extra work.. Thanks.

2. Troutfishing

Troutfishing Member

Maybe they had to redo their roof and did not want to go thru that again, I only had to change one board and that was enough for me(I only cover when down). Someone posted on this site once that did this, but I believe they did it because it was raining so much, it not only covered the PUP but covered a big area around it also.

3. vanjr

vanjr New Member

Are there any reasons NOT to use a tarp if you store it outside?

thanx

4. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

The harder 'roof' /top on a pup should be fine with a tarp. But use caution. TT manufacturers (and dealers) have warned me against covering my TT. The wind flapping a tarp and the strings that tie it can cause wear and damage too.
    I never covered my pup, just parked it tongue as high as possible to promote drainage.

5. cullinan18

cullinan18 New Member

Vanjr please note there is a big difference between a tarp and a cover. Many pup manuals say to never cover work a tarp. A pup cover, though, is OK to use. I use one on my pup to try to protect the ABS (stripped off) roof.