I just picked up a 2009 Bayside that almost looks like it left the factory yesterday. Now I am completely freaked out about trying to keep it that way. Our old pup fit in our garage, but this one does not. What I am wondering is if anyone has heard about or has experience with covers increasing the risk of mouse infestations? I would love to protect the PUP from UV exposure, rain, and hail, but I started to wonder if putting a cover on it would provide mice with an all access pass to the outside of the camper. Without a cover, it seems like you really just need to worry about mouse proofing the under side of the camper. I can't imagine the mice would be able to crawl around the outside rails of the frame and up the smooth metal side panels. What do you all think? For those who want to hear the nitty gritty details about my new purchase... Someone in town was selling a '09 Fleetwood Bayside, but was asking more for it than they are typically worth. Because of this, he hadn't gotten any interest. I figured since it wasn't far away I would go take a look. It was in covered storage (although roof was so high, it was still somewhat exposed), but the exterior was in almost perfect shape. He immediately pointed out that it had a crack in the filon roof (the typical 45 degree crack from the corner of the A/C), but said the silicone caulk on it had prevented it from causing any problems. Besides that, it didn't look like it had ever been used. The underside of the flooring didn't even have dirt and grime from towing. He was the 2nd owner and said they only used it about 5 times and the original owner hadn't used it much more. Given the condition, I believe him. We opened it up and everything was perfect. Except... I noticed a water stain on the canvas that wasn't in the pictures. So I immediately started going over the ceiling with a fine tooth comb, looking around the edges for any bubbling or warping. I thoroughly checked all the edges of the roof for signs of water exposure or rot. Our current PUP is an '82 Starcraft my dad gave us a couple years ago and we had to rebuild to roof, so I am well versed on all the signs of water damage. I couldn't find any signs of water exposure. Then the seller found it. The cover on one of the lights had water in it. He was absolutely mortified. He kept swearing that it must have just happened and that it was perfect when he winterized it last fall. I pulled off the light fixture to take a look at the inside of the roof. I closely inspected the edges of the luan where it was cut out for the light. There was no discoloration, splitting, or delamination on the edges of the luan. So I believe him that it must have been a recent development. Since it was fairly well protected from the weather, it probably never had enough water exposure to leak. I climbed up and took a closer look at the crack and found that the silicone had pulled away from the crack in several places. My guess is that it got some snow on it and the slow melting allowed the water to seep into the crack. However besides the water stain on the canvas (that can probably be washed out), I could find no signs of real damage. I decided that since it was pretty obvious the source of the leak, and it hadn't had time to cause any real damage, I would see how low he would go and patch the roof with a strip of Eternabond (which I already have plenty of). I managed to get him down to $1000 below average selling price! We are pretty excited to have a camper that is so much easier to setup/pack-up than the old Starcraft, has a ton more room, and isn't crumbling apart. Although it was kind of nice not having to worry about campsite theft. We could leave whatever we wanted in our pup while we were out exploring because nobody in their right mind would waste their time burglarizing our tenement on wheels.