CPAP repair so I can have a travel unit...

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by dbhost, Aug 9, 2019.

1. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

I currently have 2 CPAPs, a Resmed AirSense 10, that is a bit of a power hog, and an older Phillips Respironics System 1.

The Respironics at one point got jammed up by sucking something, most likely cat hair, past the filter and into the impeller. Which imparted a smoky smell to the CPAP.

I would like to get this CPAP cleaned up and refurbished assuming it is cost effective, so that I can have the unit more or less at the ready for travel. The 12v adapters for them are more reasonable price wise. Power use again, is fairly high. 6.67amps but that includes the humidifier etc...

Let's boil this down to soup and nuts. I am looking for a CPAP solution that is travel / off grid friendly that won't break the bank.

What is available?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

If the one you have is ahat you need , you might be able to take apart the impeller system and remove whats wound around it. Then re grease it and put it back together. I have no knowledge of these systems , but it shouldn't be too hard to try to fix it.

3. Amdx64

Amdx64 New Member

Check out Resmeds new airmini pap. It’s small and lightweight. I use a Aircurve 10 ASV while sleeping and I just bring it with me camping. I plug the machine into a battery backup then to the camper. Then recharge the battery the next morning with a generator.

4. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson Active Member

I told my physician my unit crapped out, wrote a prescription for a new one. One stays in the PUP.