1. SmilinBeard

SmilinBeard Member

I mentioned the snuggle hose cover on the portal several months ago. I find it works great most of the time. Something new I discovered was keeping as much of the hose under the covers as is possible helps too.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I just wish they made the snuggle hose long enough to cover both the main hose and the mask hose.

3. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

3pillons, do you have a humidifier with your unit? I use mine and it helps with the dry throat...the hardest part of getting use to it is the pressure when exhaling....it took me a good couple of weeks to get used to it. I now use a nasal pillow

4. bob814u

bob814u New Member

My wife complained about my breathing stopping during the night and I complained about waking up with a pillow over my face and a muffled "Will you just quit snoring!!" coming from the other side of the pillow. LOL.

5. 3pillons

3pillons Press hard, Five copies.

Well it's been over a year now for me. I guess I've gotten the hang of it. I don't use the humidifier and I hardly ever have an issue with dry sinuses or mouth. Occassionally if I'm sick and congested, I'll have problems or just not use it at all. I do have the nasal pillow style mask but I still have issues with it moving every time I roll over. Much happier wife for sure, but I honestly do not notice any difference whatsoever in the quality of my sleep. Guess as long as she's happy. [;)]

6. Camp Addict

Camp Addict Member

3pillons
    I have the same issue. I've been using my CPAP for several months now and don't feel any better than I did before. I went last Saturday for a second study and I'm waiting for the debrief.

7. jfredettejr

jfredettejr New Member

Re: CPAP tips? NY State Campgrounds

[:D] Just wanted to pass on a little information on Camping in NYS DEC Campgrounds. As you might or might not know, a majority of them do not have Electric hookups. I make sure to reserve a site as close to the bathrooms as possible.

When I check-in to the campsite, I always let the Rangers know that I use a CPAP and ask them if it is ok to plug-in to one of the outlets in the mens bathroom. I've never had a time they said no.

Hope this helps someone.

Johnny

Wilkywoods likes this.