CPAP

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by HappyCamperCanada, May 11, 2020.

1. James A. Doherty

James A. Doherty New Member

2. skierd

skierd New Member

@HappyCamperCanada i have the same CPAP. If camping away from 120v power, I use just the machine, the Phillips 12v cord, connect to a small 35AH AGM battery bought specifically for camping with my cpap before we had the trailer. I easily get three nights from the 35AH battery so long as I remember to turn off the Bluetooth and modem. It’s noisier without the humidifier but a q-tube muffler helps.

I don’t believe you can use the humidifier with this setup but I haven’t tried. The humidifier uses a ton of electricity. According to this calculator:
    https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/calculator-sizing-a-battery-to-a-load.html

You’ll need a 116ah to run the cpap plus humidifier all night at max output. You’ll probably need less if you run a lower humidifier setting and don’t have a heated hose.

3. HappyCamperCanada

HappyCamperCanada Member

Update: I got one of these (see pic). It was free! Friend wasn't Screenshot_20200915_085805_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg using it anymore. Only had to charge it with the generator every couple of weeks. Even then it was only down to about 85%. Ran the cpap without humidifier. That's all the battery was used for.

Haybale and skierd like this.