Craigs List Canvas

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by billangiep, Aug 19, 2012.

1. billangiep

billangiep Member

Came across this in the RV section....

Canvas for Pop up camper for sale
    Ordered brand new custom fit and was put on the camper one time paid $930.00
    Canvas will fit
    1983 - 1992 Colmen Sequoias and Williamsburgs
    1984 - 1991 Colmen Shenandoahs
    1988 - 1995 Colmen Chesapeakes

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/rvs/3185692315.html

2. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

For that price? Dive on that puppy if you even think you might need a canvas this or next year for your Coleman - if it'll fit yours, of course...

3. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

[:!] Yeah, I have tried to buy it from this person and they stopped responding to me. Guess they aren't willing to ship even if I am willing to pay

4. 88PUP

88PUP being crazy- has kept me from going insane

I have replied to this ad 3 times but not gotten the first reply. Is this a spam ad or for real??? Anyone else tried to contact them?

5. tntimeshare

tntimeshare New Member

Installed one time? Aren't they all? Why did he remove it?

6. SteveM_CT

SteveM_CT Member

For that price, it would be worth finding a pup with bad canvas and making a lowball offer on it.

Of course, it might already be sold, which is why the seller isn't responding.

Steve

7. jfilz

jfilz New Member

I bought my NEW (never used) 2006 canvas off Craigslist just this last May (the one and only time I managed to get anything good off of Craigslist) - offered extra to put into a box and I called UPS pick it up to ship it to me on my credit card/account. That was from US to Canada too!

All she had to do was put address label and 3 copies of the email/receipt/listing (cause of crossing countries boarders - for Customs) - ANYTHING that show the value and description - to the UPS driver. UPS did everything (I think) else.

And paid her by Visa/Paypal too! Offered to send POSTAL money order - and let her keep it for a week to clear (was not in a rush for it) - so I would have been hoched of would never of been pickup/shipped.

Craigslist is hit and miss up here.... Kijiji is better for local stuff and much better than than Craigslist IMHO.

Good Luck on the canvas.