Crank hard on '97 Palomino

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by backcrakr, Jul 22, 2010.

1. backcrakr

backcrakr New Member

I just purchased a '97 Palomino Filly with AC. It seems to crank up really hard, any sugestions? Also I have an 18 month old does anyone have any good ideas on how to keep her from falling out of the bed.

2. hollywood703

hollywood703 New Member

I know this is a few weeks old, bt here we go.....A filly with roof ac is a lot of weight when talking about only 1 pulley to act as a reduction. I would consider a power lift if it is too much. The weight is about probalby 150#'s (guess) for the roof, and another 100#'s for the AC unit. You are not just lifting that weight, but the friction of the tubes and all ther little bends etc....Do you know if it is lubed well? Under the camper there should be a long aluminum rectangular tube that has 2 greasable fittings on it.....load that up with good grease and that may help a bit.

As fas as the child falling out of bed, if you are talking about falling out of bed on the middle side, get yourself a hide-away extra long bed rail.....should be able to make it work.......

3. bradnailer

bradnailer New Member

Our daughter used to fall out of the tent end of the bed. We ended up leaning the dinette cushions up against the tent.