Crazy Horse For the 4th

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by silverfz, Jun 21, 2017.

1. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I will be at crazy horse for the 4th. Never been there but i am told its good. My friend went seasonal there for this year so visiting him for 5 days before heading down to Salisbury beach reservation.

anyone been there ?

2. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I have been thinking of going there. If you look at the site map, it seems like there are not many bathrooms.

3. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

I used to go there as a kid, and then as a grown up I went every year for Labor Day weekend until they sold it. Haven't been there since. I enjoyed the campground, there are not a lot of bathrooms, however, it is a nice quiet campground.

4. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Review : We camped 2 nights at Salisbury beech and left sunny and 80s to get there. It rained and was 66 when we got there. it poured all evening and it was bad. heard later they had to evacuate all the tent sites in the near by campgrounds but not here. they have done a tonne of work to keep the water flowing . The sites are very big and private . they packed the weekend with alot of activities. the reservoir was awesome . kayak are 7$,canoe 10 an hr at the camp store and they deliver . No breed restriction for dogs. you will see bianca the old rotti walking and being around all day. 180 or so sites. the pool was good. not bike friendly unless you are the middle flat sections.

we had a great time as we hiked to a few waterfalls on the white moutains , hit the littleton down town. spend many evenings by the water. my labrador swam to her hearts content. Went to franconia which is 15 minutes to swim in the echo lake beach state park,cannon mountain and the bike path.

Its 200 miles and i am not sure if i will go because of it. I can get a campgroud north of laconia before woodstock for better travel.

my good friend is seasonal so might go back if they stay there .

5. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Returning for the 4th again.

We do like the place i guess. I did wait till now to book so got the spot next to the one i had. i really wanted near the pool but should have called before june.