Creating Bunkends Slide Outs

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by Simon Doleman, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Simon Doleman

Simon Doleman New Member

Hello,

i am new here. Has anybody converted a standard pop up to one that can have slide out ends to sleep on? if so was it a big job or have any reference to how you did it?

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I’m a little unsure of your question. Are you talking about a truck camper with a popup roof? If so, I’m thinking the most expensive part would be to get the canvas to cover the bed ends. The hardest would be how to support the new bed ends so they don’t collapse under the weight. On a traditional popup the support rails use the frame to provide the support and using the correct angles are able to support a good amount of weight.

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I too am unclear about the question. There have been many styles of popups, so more details on the one you want to convert would be helpful. Most trailer style popups have bunk ends that slide out, with the exception of the A-frame, vintage Palomino hard side, and ones such as Trail Manor and High-Lo types.

4. Simon Doleman

Simon Doleman New Member

hey guys, im in australia. but i got a vintage pop up that doesnt have any bunkends, there are post supports in the trailer but no slide out or fold outs. The canvas (which im replacing) didnt support bunk ends either i will try upload some photos

kitphantom likes this.