Crows Next Campground?

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by dgagne11, Aug 4, 2015.

1. dgagne11

dgagne11 New Member

Booked this place for this weekend as I'm trying to find something nice near Sunapee (any other campground suggestions?) and was wondering if anyone has had any prior experience here. I'll post my experience after I go this weekend.

2. Garywt

Garywt New Member

Took a drive through a few weeks back. Very friendly place. The pool looked good but the mini golf, playground and grass could have used some TLC. Look forward to hearing from you once you have stayed there.

3. dgagne11

dgagne11 New Member

Typo...it's Crow's Nest Campground. I'll submit a review next week.

4. dgagne11

dgagne11 New Member

So I tried Crows Nest this weekend.
    Cons:
    * My first reaction was that this is a VERY outdated campground. Certainly not a site where first impression is very good. BUT as the weekend went on, the place grew on me.
    * The sites had a strange setup as the electricity and water were in FRONT of the site rather than the rear.
    * The site I had was fairly large (#112), but there was no privacy from the people next to us. It's a not a very private place. There was a huge pine in the middle of my site which hindered where the trailer could go.
    * The store is more like an emergency place. There's very few items in stock but prices seemed very reasonable for what was there. Bundle of wood was $5, Ice was $2.25.
    * The pool is small, but it was never used the entire time I was there...I suspect because of the river.
    The pros:
    * It borders the Sugar River. Most campsites aren't on the river, but the river is accessible and it's a great river. A huge watering hole provided the kids with hours of enjoyment.
    * The shower stalls had a lot of room. There was a bench and 2 hooks for your things, which is rare from the places I've been. And plenty of room to move around in shower and shower area. They were fiberglass\plastic inserts rather than wood, and were very clean. These inserts also had good size shelves for your things.
    * Quiet campground. I didn't see many kids as I think it's more an older crowd that was there this weekend, so it was low key and quiet.
    * You're about 2 miles from everything you need, Dunkin Donuts, Hardware store, grocery store, and many other stores\restaurants someone would need. You're next door to Sunapee which is loaded with things to do with the mountain and the state beach.
    * Sites were large, but layout of the one I was at is very odd.
    * There's a nice large field with a volleyball net, horseshoe pits, and general playing are that was kept up.
    * Wifi was $1 and very strong throughout the park. Always full bars. Cell phone signal is also very strong.
    It may sound like I didn't like this place, and when driving in I didn't, but I would recommend it for it's location to Sunapee, the river that runs aside it, and the size of sites. Hope this helps.

5. Garywt

Garywt New Member

Thanks for the info. As I had said, when I drove through I thought it needed some TLC. Sounds like you had the save first reaction, maybe if we had stayed we would have liked it as well.