CT - Countryside RV Park?

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by Queen Bee, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Member

Has anyone ever been to Countryside RV Park in Griswald, CT? (www.countrysidecampground.com)We are thinking of giving it a try this summer, but would love to hear some PUP reviews first. Ideally we are looking for a family friendly campgroud, very clean, quiet at night, spacious sites, with as much nature as possible. Any replies would be appreciated.

Edited by - Queen Bee on March 04 2009 18:00:42

2. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Member

Since there were no replies, I thought I'd update you all on a great find. We went this weekend and absolutely loved it. For a private campground, the sites were very spacious & wooded. It was immaculately clean, w/new bathrooms & showers. The camp sites are situated around two ponds - one for swimming & one for fishing. There is a very cute playground w/miniature houses the kids can play in, as well as basketball, shuffleboard, volleyball, baseball. We did lots of bike riding around the campground. Nights were very quiet, the only sounds being of nature. The owners are very friendly & helpful. They live on the premises and clearly take pride in the work they do. This is now one of our favorite places. We highly recommend this campground and have already made another reservation.

3. Machine

Machine Member

Hi QB,
    Thank you for the info. What were some of the nicer wooded secluded sections? It seems like a nice place from the website. We are always looking for places closer to home. Thanks.

4. Fourkids

Fourkids New Member

Hey Machine. Queen Bee's worse half here. Sites 7 & 8 are on the water and very nice but with little ones we felt unsure about being so close to the water. If you have kids and they are older I would scoop those up in a heartbeat. The loop of 28-35 are wooded with 30,31, and 34 being the largest. Also either 40 or 41 are very wooded but built into a hill, so they are a little uneven and not quite as spacious. 88, 90-92 also looked nice, spacious and wooded.
    If you call, I'm sure the owners can help you find a perfect spot. Good luck.

5. Machine

Machine Member

Thanks for the info.  I am very interested. We will probably give them a call.  I don't know if you if remember, but we met you and your familly last year at Beaver Pines.  It was only me and my wife out for out anniversary.

6. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Member

Hi Machine. Of course we remember you! How's the camping going?
    I think you'll really like Countryside, and I'm sure your kids will too. We are excited to find such a nice place so close to home.

7. Machine

Machine Member

We are well. How about all of you? We haven't had much chance to camp. We are in the process now of trying to figure out some places to go this year. This one is on the list of possibilites.

8. peteacher

peteacher New Member

I didn't see this thread earlier. I've been to this campground and stayed in site 7 it's a huge site!!! We set up our screen house and our pup and had room for many more things. It's right on the pond. Our favorite part was watching the frogs. It is a nice quiet campgound we camped there in July a few years ago when they were having christmas in July.