Curtain and Valance questions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Fluffie14, May 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Fluffie14

Fluffie14 New Member

Hello! I'm working on fixing up a 1992 Coleman Roanoke. Finally done with the structural things and working on fun things! It came with no curtains. I want to add curtains and valances. I have a couple of questions:

1) How do I tell what style of tab I would need for curtains if I go that route?
    2) Does anyone have any alternative ideas to hang them? I would be more inclined to rig up something I could find locally. The first thought was hooks and bungee to string the curtains off of.
    3) Potentially dumb question but how exactly do valances in a camper work? I would like to add some to spruce it up but I can't quite wrap my head around how they hang with curtains.

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I have an 04 Coleman/Fleetwood so I’m not sure if it’s the same on yours, but curtains are being held with a c clip tab. The question is does your camper still have the tracks for the curtains? Do you have a metal track that runs all the way down the length and width of your camper? If I remember correctly on mine the valance is held on also on a smaller C style clamp. On a track that runs just above the curtains. The valance didn’t come out so well in some areas. As you can see it sags a bit in the corner I used Velcro attached to the ends of the valance to connect them to the pieces on the side above the bunkends. To make it appear it is one long piece when it’s actually 6 or 7 pieces. I actually made the curtains for an older Jayco popup I used to own before this camper. When it died I just recycled the curtains so ignore the upper trim of the curtains the same fabric as the Valance. Luck was to have it, I just barely had enough of the same fabric to make the valance and additional tie backs. Can’t take the credit for doing the valance, my mom did all the work. IF I did it I wouldn’t have a ruffle look as my sowing skills are not that good. C5DF172B-850A-4DF7-BAF3-CC5BCE0988A3.jpeg

3. Fluffie14

Fluffie14 New Member

Thanks so much for your response! There is definitely not a track for the valances in the camper, and I'm not sure there ever was one. The track the canvas is on has a second smaller track at the top, so I'm guessing that is for the curtains. I think we are going to use sash curtain rods and 3m hooks to attach the curtains and maybe just velcro to attach the valances. That is really good info to know that the valances are in several pieces and just velcro'd together. I'm very proficient at sewing, but attaching pieces with velcro makes it seem like a job I'm actually interested in tackling haha.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Early 90's Colemans usually had these tabs ... Just google the part number 4725A1981...... Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 8.24.25 AM.png