Curtains

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Rer1971, Apr 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Rer1971

Rer1971 New Member

Hi! I have a Coleman Niagara. Has anyone hung curtains with from the valance rail? I am sewing new curtains and don’t want a valance, but want to cover the valance rail.

2. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Active Member

I just did away with them on my Fleetwood Arcadia (Near twin of the highwall Niagara)

I like to hang wire baskets from the aluminum rail, so having it visible ends up being nice

3. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

I have a 2006 Niagara and mine has a valance that is attached to screws that are spaced every two feet or so (the valances have button holes to put the valance over the screws). Then right below it has a curtain rail which the curtains hang from.

I think you certainly could hang curtains from the rail, that's how mine works. Just keep in mind that if you have only curtains, when the curtains are open you will see the curtain rail in between.

Maybe you could make a valance that blends in - either white to blend in with the ceiling color or the same fabric as the curtains? Make it just barely long enough to cover what you want to cover. And you could make the valance flat rather than ruffled. A little less obstrusive.

My PUP had the ruffled style (which I HATE), but it wasn't ruffly any more because the elastic dried out and so the valances sagged down in between the screws. Looked all sad and worn out :( My fix was to pull the valance so that it laid flat against the camper side, chop off the extra, and hem the new ends closed. There was a little more to it, with adjusting the button holes and working around the door. But if you have some sewing skills, it's not hard.