Cushion covers

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by CasaBlanca, Sep 21, 2019.

1. CasaBlanca

CasaBlanca New Member

I wish I could claim sewing skills to make new cushion covers but that is beyond me.

desperately need to get rid of the 1990 upholstery ‍♀️

any recommendations

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Now that school is back in there maybe an adult evening sewing class offered in your area.

3. cuppajoe

cuppajoe New Member

I've seen several social media posts lately about using stretchy chair covers from Amazon. They go on like a fitted sheet and can be found in solids or patterns. Here's an example: Argstar 2 Pack Chair Slipcovers for Dining Room Spandex Protector Covers for Kitchen Pattern Designed X_05 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JLLBY2V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_SzOHDb66V0TN2

CasaBlanca and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Check the section on cushions downforum. There have been some nice examples from our members, including some great-looking stretchy covers like Joe mentions.

The problem with sewing new covers is that it's really hard to find washable upholstery weight fabric at a sensible price that isn't uglier than what you already have.

I tuck assorted beach towels into our popup seats. You can do better than that. :)

CasaBlanca likes this.
  5. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

We looked at them, thought that's ugly let's recover them, then after a few trips we found that we hardly ever spend time in there anyway. Unless the weather forces use inside the PUP we're cleaning, using the restroom, or sleeping. We decided that the money and effort would be better spent on something more useful than eye candy.

kcsa75 likes this.
  6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I wish DW would think like that.

jmkay1 likes this.
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I have covered them with sheets, throw blankets, and couch covers. The sheets were never thick enough to cover the yucky feel of herculon underneath. The throw covers work well if they are big enough to wrap around the cushions.

In the FnR, I bought this for the couch. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NWJC2K?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

I got the loveseat size and itfits perfectly. The bottom wraps under the bottom cushion and the top stays put with the straps. There are straps that go underneath the seat cushion too that keep it from sliding a lot. It's not the prettiest fabric but does have a faux suede feel.

CasaBlanca likes this.