Cutting through campsite

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Sea H, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

So I snapped this pic today as the locals are already filling the place up again...was hoping it would be Friday but oh well.
    This guy had at least a 30' hitch pull trailer too. That was the best shot I could get since he went behind the bath house before I could get the camera app to go. 20200813_131734.jpg

2. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I don't understand "golf cart" culture but it seems to be a retirement thing? My sister lives in a condo community that is mostly retired people and a lot of them have golf carts too. They even do a "golf cart parade" on the 4th of July.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  3. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Well-Known Member

We went a couple of years ago to visit dh's family in MN, it was over the 4th of July. The little town where all the local farmers seemed to retire to also had golf carts. The town was crawling with them. So at this 4th of July parade, they didn't go in the parade, but were all showing up to watch and lined up along the parade route. They had coolers full of stuff and everything. I asked one of the cousins about it and they said that instead of having a second car, people just had the golf cart. They drove them all over town and used them just like a car, but only drove them in town. Later in the week, we happen to be in that town visiting other family and sure enough, everywhere you looked, the most of the other "vehicles" on the road in town were golf carts. Weirdest thing I saw.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I think golf carts are used as a social thing. Folks ride around in them to see and be seen. I've seen them at RV Parks alot. I don't really see them where I camp in the forest.

Ductape, Steveo4090 and DiamondGirl like this.
  5. Steveo4090

I think that's exactly what's going on at my current cg for the most part. That plus lazy people. I see many people driving (their cars/trucks) to the bathroom...

Plus if I had a golf cart I'd probably look for excuses to use it...especially if I was paying $50 a day to rent one. I can't imagine ever doing that, but whatever. The guy that was tenting with a rental cart 3 sites from the bathhouse was probably driving there just because he paid for the cart and wanted to use it for everything. It just reminds me of the movie "Wally" where the human population all rode around on hover vehicles and never walked anywhere and became big fat blobs.

6. Milemaker13

Milemaker13 Active Member

Excuse me- mind if i cut thru? My kids just ran that way!

7. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Then thru you go Sir, just don't bring them back this way! [LOL]

Seriously tho, if someone asks politely I don't think I could say no.

neighbormike likes this.
  8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I think the catch is that if they ask politely, they most likely have a reason other than "I'm too lazy to walk five feet that way to reach the actual path".

9. Steveo4090

Omg...so Fridays are even more crazy than Saturdays at my current KOA. Been sitting in my chair watching the steady parade of cars, carts and trucks for the past 30 minutes or so. I'm averaging a golf cart at least 1 a minute past my site and a vehicle of some sort at least every 30-40 seconds. It's nutty...but it gets better. This weekend's "theme" is dogs and cats, or something like that. There's dogs everywhere. My new neighbor has 3 that go ballistic every time they get a glimpse of my dog.

This place is a very special kind of a crazy local weekend hangout.

My wife actually told me to keep the campsite map in case we come back...I almost fell over laughing just before I threw it in the trash. Lol...in case we come here again!!! hahaha

Edit: So we finally left the KOA at 11 am Saturday. When checking out the kid asked me how my stay was... I laughed and just said it was fine. Never been quite so happy to be home from a camping trip before. We had fun during the week, but the weekends were a circus.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  10. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

We are camping in a primitive loop of a rustic state park. The loop behind us has power and some larger trailers but in general the place is pretty empty even though it was mostly full when I grabbed the reservation a couple weeks ago. Earlier one of the trailers was cranking “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany which I thought was a bold choice lol. Fortunately that only lasted a few minutes and it’s been very quiet all morning.

Pommom70 and neighbormike like this.
  11. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

I was taught as was my kids that its impolite to cut thru someones campsite. Big no no in my opinion