Dad passed this morning

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by Twisty, Apr 28, 2014.

1. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

Here's to a life well lived.

2. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I still miss my Dad every single day after 38 years. They are always with us though.

3. Ericka75

Ericka75 Hello From Miami, Florida

My condolences. Now you have an angel up in heaven watching over you. God Bless him and your family.

4. Rynderz

Rynderz Lifelong Camper

My prayers are with you during this difficult transition. I hope that the memories and things you shared bring you peace and comfort. From your posts, you and 'dad' were close and he gave you the love the outdoors and you will continue his legacy.

5. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

So sad. Sorry to hear of your loss.

I believe it's just a temporary separation though, and we'll all see our departed family again soon. Sounds like you've got lots of great memories to see you through to that wonderful day.

Chip

6. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

He does sound amazing. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

7. saratogaowner

saratogaowner New Member

sorry for your loss your father must have been a great man and I'm sure his memory lives on in the harts and minds of all his loved ones

8. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Sounds like you had a great dad.

9. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. [SUN]
    I've had a couple little ups and lots of downs.
    April 28th Dad passed.
    Laurel was going to leave for Switzerland on May 6th and come home on June 5th.
    She had a lot of anxiety about leaving and decided to postpone the trip the same day that her son David asked her if she forgot his graduation on the 11th... she had.
    L's trip is set for the 13th.
    Mother's Day is spent an hour away from home at Davids graduation from Willamette University from which he received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence!! [:D] [SIZE=small] [/SIZE]
    AM traffic on the 13th. I drive an hour to the airport (without killing anyone) get all choked up and say a weak goodbye and drive away.
    Hour home.
    No text. No call.
    Just b4 the worst of the PM commute = phone. They boarded, had a problem, disemborded and the world was trying to get routed around OHare.
    Go get her (hour) and get home (hour) after having to stop for water and snacks.
    AM traffic on the 14th... did it again.
    She's gone now.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]AM on the 16th (about an hour from home) I meet family at Willamette National Cemetery for Dads Navy honors.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Beautiful and extremely painful. [/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]There is a slight chance one of you may have met him.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]His name was Thomas Howard Edwards. He was a UA Local 290 plumber. He lived in Aloha, Oregon. Moms name is Bonnie.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I mention this because there is a gathering at the Hillsboro Elks Lodge tomorrow at 2 PM. [/font]

10. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Not sure how I missed this all this time... I'm sorry to read of your loss. Sounds like your dad was one helluva guy. I'm quite certain that he lives on through you.

11. mocamper

mocamper Active Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My dad left me 10 years ago and I still miss him...From the show me state.

12. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Thank you.