Dan Nicholas Park, Salisbury, NC

ThaVWMan

Feb 8, 2011
Anyone been? Just got our camper, and unfortunately live in a townhome so don't have the luxury of a driveway camp to test things out. This place is not too far from home, but don't want to head over there if it is a dump!

cma7777

Super Active Member
Jan 26, 2011
North Carolina
We loved it! In the summer there is a lot to do. This time of year it is a little quite. The bath houses are super clean but I think they only open one of them in the winter. Check there web site to see when the gem mine and petting zoo are open. I think you can fish all year for a small fee in the large pond and some of the camp sites back up to it. I have a new to me pup and Dan Nicholas will be the first place we camp in it (outside my yard). Can we go now?????? [SUN] We are from Thomasville so its not that far to drive but I have to say I would be willing to drive further if I needed to in order to get to Dan Nicholas Park.

ThaVWMan

Feb 8, 2011
From the corner of 77 and 85, I would say you should be able to get there in 45 mins or so? No more than an hour, just depends on our lovely traffic!

hvac1877

Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va
Mar 10, 2008
Highland Springs Va
cool thanks a person told me about this place as a great place to camp and go and see the race and race shops but not be "in" the area

Latest posts