DARIEN LAKES STATE PARK

Discussion in 'New York' started by daveo1289, May 20, 2018.

1. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

We're going to try this park toward the end of June. My DIL and SIL are taking their children to the amusement park for having a good school year and we decided to tag along. My DW and I probably won't do the theme park however and I was wondering what else may be out in that area. Also, what can we expect the camp grounds to be like. Any info would be great. We'll be on site 107. Thanks.

2. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

How was it? We might get to Darien next year, but will likely stay on site for the convenience since the park will be the focus of our stay.

3. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

We enjoyed our trip to Darien Lakes SP. In fact we're going back next weekend. We're kind of committed to loop B because there is a playground in that loop for the grandchildren. Loop A is very nice also. it was busy the weekend we went but in all, no issues. We had site 107 which was small and oddly set up. The site next to ours 105, cut ours right off about 40 ft in. The sites across from ours were much larger. There are some sites that while they have electricity, won't accommodate a camper of any size. The swimming area was not yet open during the weekend we were there so I can't comment on that. Also there is no camp store in the park but enough small communities that you can visit for things needed or forgotten. One other thing is that outside of the park, people have firewood for sale at reasonable prices.