Dark Side is Good Side

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by rjhammetter, Jul 24, 2019.

1. rjhammetter

rjhammetter Husband, Dad, Engineer & Camper

Thank all of you for your comments and feedback. We took three long trips with new TT this year, loved every minute and enjoy camping even more now than with the PUP, which we personally found to be more work for less benefit. TBH, the TT is basically like towing a mobile recreational residence, while the PUP was a really nice tent with water and electric. As I said, towing is the main drawback, but we never had a problem driving slow and steady. Parking is the side drawback. While our PUP conveniently fit in our garage protected and secure all winter, our TT will be outside. It has been cleaned, winterized and will sit for over six months.

End of year thoughts:
    -For those considering a PUP to TT upgrade, you won’t regret it. We don’t. We can’t wait for spring and our first trip. Camping is now an even better experience for us.
    -For those with a minivan, you will be just fine if you stay within your weight limits, load properly and drive slowly.
    -Size matters. We have a small TT and love it, it works just fine, but we already talk about our next TV and TT combo. We want more space - floor space, cabinet space, storage space, every space. We see a 26-32 footer in our future so we can invite our kids and their families to join us as we start to think about retirement.
    -Full hookups are nice for two reasons: a) less worry about filling up tanks too fast (showering really fills up grey fast) and b) flushing black tanks a couple times at end of season.

Ladiesman likes this.
  2. jerbear

jerbear Active Member

3. jerbear

jerbear Active Member

Rusty 2192 isn't Josh great? I just love that guy . He is the only one out of several that shows a travel trailer like he does. He might be slightly higher in price on some of them but he is the only one I can really trust . We haven't actually been out to see any travel trailers yet and living where they make them all there are plenty of lots to go too but for #1 were not ready to buy yet and #2 I think the first place will be Haylett R V. Josh has that Magnetic personally about him . I know when you go there they will want a salesman to work with you but I will ask to see Josh anyway . We are fortunate to only be an hour away . Well have fun, be safe and happy camping LOL!

4. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

As i am sure you are planning next year.
    * Look for Spring Camping deals. I leave my camper at there a few campground to choose for 9 weeks for around 600 bucks. I get to use them any time in few and only on weekends on some campground. So you get to enjoy camping earlier and usually it starts on april school vacation. Cold but you are not in the elements
    * I also have a few full year campground which charge a bit more but come with a indoor pool and hot tub...
    * We do 1 trip without kids with friends
    * We do similar to Spring , Fall specials.
    * We travel during the summer holidays for schools and a few long weekends

As reserve america is 6 month for my state, i book in Feb...have fun.

i have a 28BHS which is 30 feet long in 4 yrs we done alot of miles and tonne more campgrounds as far as 1000 miles from home. the pup was a very local thing for us.

rjhammetter likes this.