Darn Rain!

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by hayyward, Jun 18, 2019.

1. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Active Member

Wet across the pond as well,some places had a months worth in a day! this week looking good, the thing I hate more than rain is strong winds

jmkay1 likes this.
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Normally every camping trip I've been on I close up in the rain. Which is actually a problem for me as my camper is in storage and it's difficult for me to air it out. However it instead encourages me to take a weekend camping trip with the intention to air it out. Hay, if I got to go through the motions of opening, I'm making it worthwhile. :smiley:. The one camping trip I debated on leaving early was in my tent camping days. Torrential downpour for three days straight and rain showers the fourth. My tent flooded due to the river my site was near overflowed. Bags and clothes wet. My canopy collapsed on the third day. However I still stuck with it, went hiking along the trails that weren't closed saw what would have been a simple stream over a cliff became an awesome waterfall. Met a couple young men on the trails who assisted me in helping my dogs over the fast flowing streams and litterly made a human chain helping me cross. I duck taped (two whole rolls), and tied the canopy so it was somewhat usable. As glad as I was for dry clothes and a hot shower when I got home that was my most memorable trip and glad I did not cancel.

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Weather has been crazy in TX lately too. Heavy storms the last 3 weekends or more now, and we had some pretty significant storm damage in the area too. We are still recovering from 3 weeks ago, Taking a while to get all the downed trees hauled off. We don’t have any trips planned right now anyway, but a couple of those weekend storms would have been problematic in a pup to the point that it may not have come out unscathed.

Just 2 nights ago we had another storm with 65+ mph winds again.

hayyward likes this.