Dash Point State Park

Discussion in 'Washington' started by Casidy, May 19, 2013.

1. Casidy

Casidy Member

We just returned from a quick jaunt to Dash point for the weekend to test our new pup. We wanted to stay close to home and close to a hardware store just in case we missed anything (no driveway for camp driveway [:!]). The park has upgraded all of its service sites to include 30/50 amp hook ups, sewer hook ups, and new water hook ups. They've seeded new grass in their big fields and by summer this should look great! While nice, I am unused to camping in the RV section, so the non service sites are where we will be from this point forward. There are some really nice sites, relatively private and wooded. Pull throughs too. Not too bad for a place to go in the city, and the beach is great...but it can get busy. It was quiet here after 9 but I've tent camped here before and that wasn't the case. The staff were nice, organized and helpful. Over all a nice time to kick off our camping season.

2. seattlej

seattlej New Member

We just did the same thing but at Lake Easton State Park (dry camped though). We ironed out all the kinks (I hope) to be ready for next weekend! I feel exactly the same way about the RV section and we will continue to dry camp unless we find a place with more private hook-up sites.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Dash Point is a nice park. It has a beach on the Sound and miles of beautiful hiking trails. But, Washington State Parks have become far too expensive for camping IMO. They want $23 per night for a dry site and $26 if it is "premium," i.e., a bit larger, better view, more private, etc. Hook-up sites are $32 standard and $37 premium.

4. Casidy

Casidy Member

5. Drufus

Drufus New Member

Alot of sketchy homeless people with this park being so close to massive homeless/addicted population of king county. Concern of your gear being stolen.