Daytona 500

scubacamper

Super Active Member
Mar 19, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Do you people actually go and watch the race? Or is this like most soccer games, you go until something happens, like a crash, because they get dizzy from driving in a circle? Otherwise you just sit, socialize and drink heavily or did I get this wrong. I guess it's like my ex's grandmother from Red Level, AL once told me.

"Here in the south, you need to remember something. Religion is a business; Business is a hobby and NASCAR is a religion." I've never forgotten that and after 20+ years here in "the south" I'd be inclined to agree.

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
Up here, we watch the races when we can. We've never been to a race but plan to go in the next couple years; will try one in Michigan first.
We just love Nascar and watch races from start to finish no matter who wins or how good/boring the race is. We don't hope for crashes but it's bound to happen as it's the nature of the sport.

I wouldn't call it our "religion". lol

Melissa

fiddlingdoc

Sep 16, 2010
I wouldn't call it our "religion"

But it is usually on Sundays!

Seriously, it's not our religion either. Some folks watch baseball or other sports on tv; we just stick with auto racing. One mans trash, and all that, would apply here.

In any case, here's to a safe race for all this Sunday.

Bob

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
fiddlingdoc said:
I wouldn't call it our "religion"

But it is usually on Sundays!

Seriously, it's not our religion either. Some folks watch baseball or other sports on tv; we just stick with auto racing. One mans trash, and all that, would apply here.

In any case, here's to a safe race for all this Sunday.

Bob

Well said Bob! X2

jeeper88

Let's go Camping and Jeepin
Apr 24, 2011
Ocala,FL
[SCOTR] GO MATT K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know he is in VA but my DD dated his pilot for a while!!! Talk about freebies that he gave me to date her. OOOOO did that sound rite???? They r good kids....

mainahman

All the worlds indeed a stage
Oct 2, 2009
I watch every race from start to finish thin home for. I went to louden this past year once. Once I move to tn I'm sure ill hit up Bristol as its not that far away!

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
finsnspurs said:
The DW and I have only been to Michigan. Would love to go to Florida some day afte the kids grow up, and I have more money! LOL! And hey Gang Im gonna be a Grampa !

Not trying to hijack the thread, but congrats finsnspurs!

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
Ya Melissa... head over to Michigan. Its a quick drive, boarder crossing is easy. Leave the pup at home, its way too congested and crazy to do it on the first trip. We've been to a few races there, and I still don't want take the Pup. Book a hotel on line, (last year we stayed at a place in Toledo) and make the easy drive over in the morning. We've stayed closer to the track in the past, but its all good. I would get tickets through the local Interstate Battery store, and get the package deal of having breakfast/lunch with Kyle and Joe Gibbs. You get all kinds of free swag, have a great meal, shake hands with them, get a few autographs and have great seats for the race. They cost about $150 / person.
We also book an extra night in the motel for Sunday night as well, just in case the race is rained out and they run it on Monday.

First off, I'm a Tony fan, although I've never talked to him, second I'm a Kyle fan.

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
speckhunter80 said:
JUNIOR!! 88

Well it looks like you finally got your wish,.... I'm not part of Juniornation, however it was good to see him win one. It's bee a long time for Jr., congrats.
(As long as it wasn't Jimmy [:D])

But I'm sure that 4Powells were wishing for something other than 6 hours of rain yesterday [{}=].

Sdickson501

Sep 14, 2013
I think its great! We were always fans of his dad when I was growing up. And its about time, he had what, a 55 race losing streak?

sent from my samsung galaxy s3 using tapatalk

4Powells

May 6, 2013
We did have a super long rain delay not to mention a tornado warning but it was all worth it in the end. Great race! Tomoka SP was awesome! Already made reservations for Spring Break weekend. Even though we had [{}=], it was an awesome weekend!

mainahman

Oct 2, 2009
IT was a great race! Jr won the first race that his dads number was back on the track, and the first Daytona for him in 10 years. hy and my team 24 god a top 5 finish as well! Not a bad start to the season for Hendricks Motorsports!

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
I thought that I heard one time that Jr's sister, whats-her-name, that owns Ernhardt Enterprises, also owns the #3 (I think thats pretty common among the owners). She gets to do with it as she likes. She was the main reason Jr. left if I recall.

mainahman

Oct 2, 2009
RCR owns the rights to the number 3. Dillion is a family member of his, grandson I believe? That's why he put him in the 3 car. I think personally JR needs to regain his own personality, and to me he's not his father, therefore should not be in the #3 I kinda wish they would of retired it, like they did with pettys number.

jeff b

Jan 23, 2014
I didn't think they retired numbers in nascar, just drivers. Maybe I'm wrong.

1999 Ford F-150 4x4
2001 Jayco Qwest 10