DE - Lums Pond State Park

Discussion in 'Delaware' started by fritz_monroe, Apr 16, 2012.

1. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

Some very large sites. The sites on the outside of the loop are mostly against the wood line. The inside loop sites have a few trees, but are not covered with them. Sites are all level. One bath house. It is clean, but dated. The weekend we were there, there was a mixture of all camping styles. From small 2-man tents, to 30'+ 5th wheels, to diesel pushers.

The park itself is pretty large. It contains the largest fresh water pond in the state of Delaware. No swimming in the lake, but there is fishing and boating.

The trail around the pond is about 7.5 miles around and is good for hiking, biking and even horses. There are several geocaches along the trail as well. The park also has a 18 hole disc golf course, and the gift shop sells discs and other items to get started playing disc golf.

Map Link

2. MOSCDENC

MOSCDENC New Member

Been here a few times so I'll add my 2 cents

I'd agree with everything fritz had to say and add that inside the loop there is a large open space for playing with the kids. On the far side of the lake from the campground (you can drive there) there is a playground/zip line/gathering areas and a place to rent paddle boats and the such. Boat ramp is not far (but a drive) from the campground and we had no problems putting a canoe in. The bathrooms were dated, but they closed the campground back in 2015? to install more hookups so they may have updated things then. On site ranger and the check in building has a small market/bait/wood/food items.

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Lums Pond State Park has had some major work in the last few years. All the sites are now full hook-up and there is a new bathhouse. The CG is open year-round but water at the sites may be turned off in extreme cold weather. This is one of my local campground that I hit several times a year.