De winterized the pup

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by crazymama30, Apr 7, 2019.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Picked up the pup, flushed out the antifreeze. Things are working like they are supposed to, hot water heater, water pump, refrigerator and all with no leaks. If it weren't raining I could clean the canvas and re waterproof. I will have to make do with upgrading the curtain and valences.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Did you sanitize the water system? and water hose ?

3. crazymama30

Snow, I'm in the process of sanitizing the holding tank. I put the bleach solution and then ran the water to circulate it and let it set for a few hours and then I will go out and rinse it next. The hose is the one I always use so it should be ok, and we dont use the water from the trailer for drinking but do use it for cooking and cleaning.

I need to reseal the roof as I have a couple little leaks, but I cannot address that until the rain stops.

4. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Would anyone be able to tell me the steps to de-winterize our 2009 palomino pop up? Thank you. Have never done.

5. crazymama30

Tell me what steps you took to winterize it.

6. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

We were not told at the dealer when we picked it up

7. crazymama30

I would make sure the water heater is not bypassed, then I would run the water until it is empty, then fill the fresh water tank and flush it until the water runs clear, make sure you run the shower and flush the toilet if you have one. I dont have these options so hopefully someone else will chime in. After you have flushed with clear water I would add some bleach (how much depends on how large your fresh water tank is, Google for concentration) then fill your tank. I like to then run the water to circulate the bleach solution and then let it sit for several hours, then flush with fresh water. I usually run 2 tanks of water through it to be sure to get all the bleach out.

8. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

I do not have shower or toilet. To flush the tank, I assume you do this from the outside of camper. Not sure how large my water tank is. We are new to pop up camping. I sure don't want the water running around inside and nothing has been turned on yet. Thanks for your help with our Senior camping

9. crazymama30

Is this a brand new or used pup?

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Look on youtube for "de-winterizing rv" take note that most of what you'll get are for large Motor Homes (MoHo's) and 5th wheels but the basic principles will be the same, then all you need to do is reverse the procedure for the features you have.. I actually think there is a video or two for a popup.. might be called a "tent trailer" ...

11. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

It's a 2009

12. crazymama30

you tube is a great option, I have used it for several things

13. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Thank you

14. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Hi there from Lake Placid! Due to some fluctuating temps in our area, I am about to de-winterize the 2009 palomino pup. I got ahold of the dealer again, who told me the 20 gallon water tank was empty upon our purchase back in April. They did tell me that I needed to get the antifreeze out of the water pump tank. I have no idea how to do this. I cannot find an anode or any bypass that may have been done previously. Anyway, by sending this pic of what I hope is the hit water tank, I may be able to get some help. Thanking those in advance for putting up with new camper.

Attached Files:

15. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

As per your other post.. that is your furnace with the inside cover removed..