Deal Done, Not what you think

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Deskpilot, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Deskpilot

Deskpilot Member

Bill and I got to talking about life after the workday, and I mentioned that my GF andnI are saving for an HW with A/C and other amenities.
    Well, don't you know, Bill's got a small pop up in his yard. It was bartered to him a few years ado, but he's never registered in in PA.
    Knowing I wanted to go camping soon, and having the mean$ to solve that hurdle, I offered to cover registration and license fees in exchange for a 3 day weekend of use.
    I figured a local rental place that 45 miles from home would be $65 a day, that math for $152 was easy.
    He doesn't have a hitched TV, so GF and I drive 49 miles, got it and are readying it for its first camping outing in a while.
    No hurrying, cleaning an already clean camper, roadtested and worthy (were both in the car care business!)
    So, deal of the week is done, and I don't have to hurry it back to his house until I've finished cleaning after our weekend out.
    Turkey Swamp Park, Monmouth County NJ

2. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

Nice! Now you can update your profile data to show your 2017 nights camped.......

3. Deskpilot

Deskpilot Member

Can't update that YET. It asked for nights "camped."
    As of 7/6, camping trip is still a FUTURE activity.
    Rest assured it'll be updated as appropriate

4. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

I would likely replace the tires as they typically start to fail around the 5 year mark, even if they look good.

Enjoy!!!

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

What a great way to try out a camper before you think about buying. This way you get to know your camping style and what you may be looking for in a popup better then before. Here is hoping you get your first trip in soon.

6. Deskpilot

Deskpilot Member

7. Deskpilot

Deskpilot Member

DOT code shows 0615. From then, it was garaged or shaded. They're good, I'm in the tire industry