Dealer prep fees?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Shoelm1, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Yes they did, it just wasn't broke out as a line item, they're not in business to do stuff for free. It's not unlike buying the RV show super special from a dealer at some show in a convention or expo center. It's always more that you would of paid off the lot. They do not pay for the expensive floor space at the show, you do.

The only thing that matters is the bottom line of what you paid. $20K out the door or $16K+$1K prep+$2K tax+$1K nice to know you fee still adds up to the same number.

BillyMc likes this.
  2. Shoelm1

Shoelm1 New Member

3. Shoelm1

Shoelm1 New Member

Sounds like you got more than I did for your "prep" fees. The deeper I have gotten into set up the more upset I am that I even purchased from this dealer at all. The little yellow sanitized on tag made me laugh, especially when I started unfolding couches ect. But the laughing stopped when we went From that kinda stuff to stagnant "fresh-water", sludge filled Grey water tank and a black tank filled with, well, you know!

DiamondGirl likes this.
  4. Shoelm1

Shoelm1 New Member

5. Shoelm1

Shoelm1 New Member

This dealer also kept our unit for an additional week and a half after our deposit to fix an awning issue (that didn't get fixed) and go over the unit. If all "the things" were done I would be fine with the fee. Unfortunately it seems we got taken with the fees since our unit still had a broken awning and not only a stagnant freshwater tank but full Grey and black tanks . We did ask about the awning and it couldn't be fully extended where it was parked during our walk through. Should have been a clue....

6. Shoelm1

Shoelm1 New Member

I appreciate everybody replying! Clearly idk how to really reply to each one! Sounds like all dealers charge the prep fee and it varies what you get. We are in "heated" discussions over the fact that we paid those fees and ended up with full waste tanks ect.....wish me luck!

DiamondGirl likes this.
  7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

I wish you luck.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  8. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I no longer argue with them. If I receive a bad service or product I go to them to make it good. If they don't I right a scathing review everywhere I can find them on stuff a few hundred or less. Never had a problem with more expensive items, but if I do I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

9. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

Sucks about the black tank and grey tanks being full. That’s so gross. [XX(] Our fresh water tank and water heater were full. Not sure about the freshness because we emptied them after coming home. Thank goodness the black and grey weren’t. We barely like cleaning ours after we use them than let alone some one else’s waste. I videoed our orientation on my iPhone for KODI so I can review it later. Maybe our technician was detailed since he knew he was videotaped. He was very helpful and had lots of information. He did such a good job, DH bought him a burrito for lunch.

Good luck with the dealership. I wish you the best. My salesperson was ok but their accountant was :mad: at my last dealership. I am glad I used my own Credit Union and was prepared. They weren’t happy about that. It was a loss for them not getting a kickback for using their favorite finance company.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]