Dealers are cashing in.

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by firepit, Jan 19, 2021.

1. VacayOnMyMind

VacayOnMyMind New Member

We are in the exact same situation, and it's frustrating! We have been wanting to upgrade to a small TT for some time, were just waiting for the exact thing we want. Now it seems we will be waiting longer as we refuse to pay these insanely inflated prices We aren't very patient either!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Or people will like camping and keep there new campers. Or plan to go "sometime" and keep them. If dealers are getting overly rich, feel free to start a competing dealership. We're not! [LOL] :grin:[?:~{][LOL]

Sjm9911 and kcsa75 like this.
  3. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Dang tempted to sell our Sylvansport GO; wife likes the teardrop, virtually no set up, & you can pull off somewhere & zone out...I'll wait another month or so for early spring when people lose all control & will fight one another for your stuff in the driveway as I video [LOL]...not really, I sell stuff to sell it, not clean out somebody's wallet...

4. AndreD

AndreD Member

Sadly the used market is the same. I thankfully found a dealer that only increased their new price by 700 from last year, many are thousands as you said. Crazy.

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Dam, missed this opportunity too. I should have bought an rv dealership. I missed out on bitcoin, toilet paper, masks, hand sanitizer, tesla and apple. Good thing i have all my money in blockbuster stock and vhs tapes. When they make a comeback like game stop did I'll make a killing and get a nice class A.

SteveP and Rik Peery like this.
  6. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Two friends at work, and 3 folks on my street, all bought TT's last summer for the first time. In every case they were used 2 or 3 times and after the last use on Labor day or in the fall, were put into the yard or driveway and not looked at again. They'll jump in them on Memorial day weekend and cross fingers all was good over the winter. They may be in for a few surprises, especially one of the coworkers who had the deer in headlights look when I asked him if he dewinterized yet the other day. Evidently his idea of winterizing was to open the faucets.

Sjm9911 and Rik Peery like this.
  7. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ Gold Supporting Member

We had put money down on a TT in early April and after a dew days of thinking it over and we decided not to take it. We went to two dealerships and there were lots of folks on the lots shopping. It was like they were giving something away for free!!! We really want to upgrade from our pup, but ultimately deciding now is not the time to buy new. Dealerships are not budging much on prices. If you don't like the price, the next person in line does!! So we'll be going to the Hershey RV show this year to look!

Sjm9911 likes this.