Debunk this ABS roof statement

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by MaeKay, Oct 27, 2017.

1. rjniles

rjniles Member

I recently sold a 2002 Coleman Cheyenne that I owned for 7 years, I was the third owner. The ABS roof (with AC) was in excellent condition and showed no signs of cracks, delamination or sagging. The camper was in excellent condition with new tires, I sold it for $2000. Even if the western market is higher I think $3300 is way too much.

MaeKay likes this.
  2. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I did an extensive check on the ABS roof when I was thinking about buying 2002 Niagara. I saw no cracks and it was garage kept. I now cover it 100% at storage with ADCO cover which does a good job keeping the ABS roof in good shape.

3. Alan

Alan Active Member

I live in Northern Nevada near Reno. We bought a breathable for cover and keep it covered in the Winter. Our ABS roof is in excellent condition.

MaeKay likes this.
  4. Alan

Alan Active Member

Do your research on the ABS roof and I think you will find that the vast majority of them are still going strong. Most people store their trailers outside. We are at nearly 5,000 feet in elevation and I am not worried about the sun ruining it...ours is a 2003 with zero cracks or issues. Even if you get cracks there are easy, fairly economical fixes. If the trailer is in great shape and everything works, it's worth what you want to pay for it.

MaeKay and Orchid like this.