Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Dec 1, 2018.
I received the covers for my dinette, so spent 5 minutes and did this;
I did more at campground...
replaced old elastic cord under bunkend with new one. I used the marshmallow fork and bend it for pulling the cord (easier than coat hanger) and it worked great until I came to corners after some wiggling it got through to next hole.. done within 30 minutes.
I checked the rubber seal replacement I did on Suburban water heater a few weeks ago and no leak!
Changed the anode rod and lookey at this!
I took out the folding shelves because one of the screw broke off so I will fix it at home when I have time.
Move to South California for full time popupping
That would definitely be a change of scenery!!
This was a good month for us.
* We FINALLY replaced our drive hub extension tube; the weld broke back in a June 2017. (We dreaded taking the rear panel off, but it wasn't that bad...)
* After that we cleaned and greased the whiffle tree.
* My DH then repaired the hinge on the storage compartment under the stepper door.
* Feeling like we were on a roll, we replaced the broken bed wedge on the street-side king bed — the one that goes past the door.
* WE TOOK THE PUP CAMPING! Okay, I took the pup, my DD, and 2 friends to the North Florida/SE Georgia Rally ar Fort Clinch State Park this past weekend (DH & DS couldn’t make it), and we had a great time!
colemanpopupparts was great for parts, and the standard delivery was fast. We are grateful they are there for us.
Happy Holidays to all!
On the road made several fixes (stove, replaced 2 cabinet hinges, re-installed several screws that fell out, and winterized her in western NC before we head to fridget Ohio. Mid december wash, emptied and put her away in the garage.
I shoveled a path to the them and cleared the Snow off both.
dollar store has sunblock curtains ready made
Depending on what I find for blackout lining, I may buy panels for the new curtain lining. We have a couple of off-the-shelf room darkening curtain panels in use in the TT, one from Target and the other from Walmart. One is more static prone than the other. We use one when we need to block light and/or cold at the door; the other acts as a room divider. (I still wake up when Courtenay gets up before dawn to hike, but at least I don't get the full blast of the ceiling light from the other end of the TT.)
After some of the construction at our house is done (Still some more to do) I was able to get the pup back into the garage. It sat on the side of the garage for about 2 months while we are doing work. Needed the garage to do wood working. Now it's in there drying off! Feel much better while in there. Was afraid of some branches hitting it. And best of all, the garage is getting a new roof within the next few weeks!!! It's not leaking, but it's time!!
We took advantage of a warm day to get a few things done before the weather changes.
Unzipped the cover and and got into the TT. Removed batteries from flashlights and the sti
ck up lights we've added. Also from the thermostat , as well as the display and sender units for the refrigerator thermometer. Good thing it hadn't gone any longer, a couple of the ones in the refrigerator set-up had started to leak. Caught it before corrosion damaged them.
Got the "step" under the table measured. We plan to remove the icky, fraying piece of carpet on it, and the top, to see what's underneath. Most of the 177 owners who have removed the top, or the entire step, have found that it is nothing more than a cover for the curved front wall. I'm hoping to use it as another storage space, the inside tool box should fit in it just nicely. I want to cover the top with vinyl, since I use it as a foot rest.
Measured some sections of floor to make jelly roll rugs (essentially floor quilts) to fit.
May not be specifically for my camper, but my 14 yo niece painted me this picture. It is us camping in the pop up next to a lake. Makes me want to find this exact spot and go camping with her. So proud of her.
Put a RV cover on her for the first time ever.
After my neighbors shingle sliced a hole in the roof I repaired it with marine epoxy and then coated the whole roof with white grizzly grip. Still felt the need to protect her some more....
I got a Winegard Wingman UHF booster for my antennae and installed it. Took all of 5 minutes, even
though I had to modify a smidge since my antennae is from '05, but it jumped my reception from
3 channels to 16 here in the driveway anyway. I recommend those if you have the wingman style
antennae because it works.