Delaware Seashore state park

Discussion in 'Delaware' started by jayco1997, Jun 5, 2013.

1. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

Stayed at the seashore state park over the weekend and there is not one tree to be had so if your looking for shade this is not the place for you. The park is totally open like a huge parking lot filled with all kinds of campers and tents. This is not your typical camping experience if you like the woodsy setting. It is walking distance to the beach but it might take 8 minutes to walk it, fishing right on the Indian River inlet but due to the rocks built up you will loose a lot for rigs. The construction of the new bridge is complete and when lit up at night it looks beautiful but the old bridge is still being removed. I could not really hear the construction going on. The bath house was clean and the hot showers were powerful but they have push buttons so you need to push to keep water flowing every few seconds. Personally I loved this place because I'm the sun seeker and beach kind of person. The camper awning might be good during the day but best if kept closed at night due to the breeze blowing through. All the people we came across were very friendly and the place was quiet. No camp fires were allowed so it didn't have that burning smell that made you feel like the neighborhood just burnt down a week ago. Sites fill up quickly so unless your looking for just a night or two, you need to book well in advance. Once construction of the bridge is totally complete, the state will turn over the park back to the camp ground for additional sites to be added because the state needed to utilize the area for all the construction equipment. I just came home yesterday but I'm going back again on Sunday for another 6 day run of fun in the sun.

2. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

sounds wonderful [:O] especially the no trees or campfires [;)] To each there own i guess .