Devil’s Canyon, Manti-La Sal National Forest, UT.

Unstable_Tripod

Well, there's your problem!
May 20, 2008
Seattle, Washington
This national forest FCFS CG sits at approximately 7,400 feet of elevation on US 191 about ten miles north of Blanding, UT. It has 42 sites on two “loops” that run in opposite directions from the entrance in the center. I put loops in quotes because each is really just a single road that runs to a turnaround at the end. The sites are on either side of the road. Each site has a table and fire ring. The roads and site pads are paved with asphalt and are close to level although I had to use the BAL Leveler in my pull-through. Most sites are back-ins but there are a few pull-throughs. Most are easy for PUPs and small TTs. Privacy is good because there is a lot of undergrowth in this heavily-forested area. There are ponderosa and pinyon pines as well as large junipers. The cost is $10 per night. There are trash facilities, vault toilets and water spigots (temporarily shut off while I was there because the water failed the State of Utah's test). There are no showers or hook-ups but there are places to shower in Blanding. I don’t recall a dump station. I suspect that as long as the water is off this will be a very quiet CG. Fill up before you go and then take advantage of that quiet and solitude. There was only one other camper in my “loop” and an additional one in the other “loop.” As with most NF CGs, generators are OK during the day but not during the nighttime quiet hours.