Did You Camp With Your Parents As A Kid ??

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by themanfromvan, Jan 9, 2005.

1. guardianangel32

guardianangel32 New Member

We did most of our camping in the mid to late 80's. We had a 1976-8? Sun Kamper (made in Canada). Those were some great experiences. Most our camping was in South Western Ontario. We had a few favourite campgrounds that we would vacation at every year. If Dad was working, we would camp close to home and my brothers and I would camp with our Mom while Dad was at work. We had great times in that camper. When we weren't camping, we had it set-up in the driveway and it became the hang-out for us boys and our friends throughout most of the summer.

Now, flash forward 30 years, I have picked up a 1972 Sun Kamper (in exellent condition). I can only hope that I can provide the same experiences and level of enjoyment for my family. Long live the family pop-up!

2. mthorsen11

mthorsen11 New Member

My folks took me my sister and brother (early 90's) camping as kids a few times. Now my wife and I take our four kids and they love it. My folks even come along also. Good times :)