Difference between styles?

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by Ntk37, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Ntk37

Ntk37 Member

I’m wondering if there is any significant heating/cooling difference between the three versions of PUGs? I’m considering buying a set for our new camper, but $ is flying out the window with everything else I’m getting for it! If the basic entry level ones keep the camper cool/warm as the $$$ ones I’d rather save the $! Thanks for any help.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

The only difference (besides price) is how they attach to the bunkend.
    • Standard Covers - Attach using clamps along the sides (included)
    • High Wind Covers - Attach using a combination of bungee cord on leading edge and clamps along the sides (included)
    • Super High Wind Covers - Attach using bungee cord which essentially wraps around the bunkend in several places (included)
    Each of the above covers may be also attached using the optional Velcro.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I will tell you. If you camp where it's going to be windy I would go with a super high wind. I went through a bad wind storm with wind upwards of 25mph and had it been any other those covers it would have been in the next county over. As good as those clips are at holding the covers on, the wind can pick those suckers up and clips go flying. If you tend to camp where you have some protection from the wind you can get away with something different. I do suggest to install Velcro or have Bob do so so you can attach it under the lip of the roof. That will also help prevent it from shifting too much and make it easier to close the camper with them on.

kitphantom likes this.
  4. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

I hadn't realized you might be able to close up and leave them in place. Is that possible with all or only the super high wind version?

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. You may have to take a few of the clips off but you can still keep them on. It does depend though how much room your camper has between roof and bed. As it will be more material to tuck in. It's thin enough that it wouldn't take much room though. I use clips combined with the elastic on my SHW pugs, when I close up, the elastic gets disconnected and thrown ontop of the pugs. I take the lower clips off (otherwise they could get lost while you stuff), but able to keep the top clips on.

6. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

It's all the same material, even the inside bunkend liners. I have used both standard and high wind versions, and never take them off. High wind is easier to setup than standard, fewer clips to mess with and the front bungee cord helps hold it in place while you clip the edges. If these ever wear out (9 years and still going) I'll get the super high wind. Just easier to use all the way around. Skip something else and spend the extra $$ for at least the high wind version. You won't regret it.

7. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

A couple of hours ago, we had two back-to-back strong storms go thru with 50mph winds. The storms were so strong that they evacuated the campsites. When we got back, my SHW Gizmos and clips were still attached.

I can confirm that the SHW Gismos will stand up to severe thunderstorms.

HappyTraveler likes this.