Different Amperage - Grand River 2021 8.5GSR (Forest River)

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Gary Tracey Camping, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Gary Tracey Camping

Gary Tracey Camping New Member

Don't need to get a closer look (not trying to be rude, it's just that I saw the box we plug into buttA I know it is we where plug in and on other side has the water that I attached our water line to. I wasn't thinking at time we were there to take closer picture of it and show our attached electrical circuit. When I asked question originally about the adapted amp plugs we were still planning of using the trailer which we are screwed now. I want to use next weekend but, wife says no cause too much on our plate right now. I think its bogus!!!

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Well you seem to have it all figured out. Go for it.

3. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Just grab one of these before you go and you're good. They probably have loaners at the campground office but it's cheap insurance to have your own.

The first time we encountered this was at a private campground. When Debi made the res the owner said they'd only had tenters before and the only amenity they had was water but yes there was plenty of space. When we arrived there was a brand new electrical connection that looked like it had been scavenged off of a commercial job, a 200 amp panel with 50 and 20 amp drops. We didn't need AC so we just plugged into the 20 amp. We've run into one since where the only connection was 50 amp.

4. Gary Tracey Camping

Gary Tracey Camping New Member

I have to go winterize next weekend. I am going to take picture of the connection we have (15amp was used at previous campground. They had higher but, we only had our fridge, lights and fans so we only needed the 15amps. Of course we didn't need any adapters for that one. We do have one adapter. That is yo go from 15amp to regualr house socket). I know our trailer is staying there so, only need the one adapter to change to 50amps. Once we have our needed type, we have until spring to get it.
    Thank you everyone for all your help. It is very much appreciated. When we get back, I will post in here!