Digital Thermostat

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by TheRealCrazy8, May 27, 2020.

1. TheRealCrazy8

TheRealCrazy8 Member

One of the other mods I am doing right now is a digital thermostat upgrade. I am going to try to finish it up tonight after work. I can't believe how archaic the old in is. I'm super excited about this upgrade. It's current placement is only temporary until I can figure out something "nicer".

Attached Files:

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Some have added extension wires and a socket. The thermostat works better if you can elevate it off the floor and maybe put it at table height or so. I always thought it was a dumb location on mine - the thermostat is almost directly across from the heater. I have a digital one I got on clearance from somewhere but haven't gotten around to installing it yet, as the few times we have needed the heater we had electric, and used ceramic oscillating heaters instead which were quieter and did a better job of heating the whole camper since we could position them where we needed them. I just plug one into the A/C plug since it is not being used in cold weather, and the 2nd into a regular plug so I don't trip any breakers.

TheRealCrazy8 likes this.
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

If you mount so you can just reach down from the bunk it will make it soooooo.... nice.