Dilema...Colorado or New Brunswick?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Merlin14, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

If you had to choose between a Spring trip to Bay of Fundy and Cape Breton Natl Park in NewBrunswick, ...OR...Spring trip to Colorado and the other trip in the Fall for leaf color, which would you choose and when in the Fall? I am torn, and about to be torn!

2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Personally, I would never turn down a trip to Colorado. It's wonderful. But I've never been to Oregon so can't really compare.

3. myride

myride Well-Known Member

Cape Breton and New Brunswick is a must see in its fall colors...nice in summer but stunning in the fall.
    Only problem is timing, It took me several years of going...early September. ..late September. ...early October. ..late October to catch the colors at the best time.....can never really tell and with the winds in the fall off the ocean sometimes don't last for long.

4. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

For me, having been to both (hoffsalinertravels.net), it would depend on what else I would see on the trip. There are a lot more things I want to see in the Colorado area. Also, there are many parks and other sights to see on the way there and the way back.

5. justwork

justwork Active Member

Colorado in the spring NB in the fall. I live in NB, not much to see in the spring. IF the snow has melted it’s usually muddy for a while. Then when the mud is gone the bugs are insane. Fall is mice because the colour AND typically the bugs aren’t nearly as bad.