Dinette table 2002 Coleman Bayside

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by SueR7264, Apr 13, 2021.

1. SueR7264

SueR7264 New Member

I am having a hard time finding a table for my trailer. I am attempting on making my own the problem I'm running into find the folding legs. Could somebody help me out please?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Amazon lists some. and just to add. On our Coleman we only use 1 folding leg and just bolted the side near the canvas with wing nuts. Made for more leg room.

3. TheLight75

TheLight75 Member

4. Del Kelso

Del Kelso Member Silver Supporting Member

i made a table for our popup, but it was kind of problematic. not the easiest thing in the world to build. the top is formica laminated onto baltic birch plywood. the legs and underside of the table are also baltic birch and clear coated with polyurethane. my 1st attempt at locking the folding legs in place didn't work out too well, so i made a separate removable brace. not sure how successful buying new legs and trying to build a table will be either. the way the factory legs attach would be hard to re-create home made.

another solution might be to attach the table top to a rail at the end of the table and have a single leg that supports the table at the front. if the rail allowed for horizontal movement it would have just about the same functionality as a stand alone factory table. you could do that with a "french cleat" type hanger, easy to build from wood. you could use a continuous hinge to mount the single leg. or maybe just have a slot that the leg could slide into with a single fastener / wing nut underneath the table.

let me know if you want me to create a plan for the last option. laminating formica onto plywood is easy and a single leg shouldn't be too bad. if you live anywhere near St. Louis MO, i would be willing to build for you for reasonable price. (shipping far away would probably be cost prohibitive).

. P1010045.JPG P1010044.JPG P1010043.JPG

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Another option, is to make a pedestal table. Similar to below picture. Personally it had its positives in that it was much easier to get in the bench seating without kicking the table, however it tended to be a bit shaky if people put hands on the table. 739CEC0A-D36F-45F1-A8C0-7DE3D72D27F3.jpeg

6. CampSDS

CampSDS New Member

I made a table out of scrap wood from work. Bought folding leg brackets off of Amazon. I dont know how permanent the table i built will be in the long run, but it'll definitely be our go to until something breaks. Its a three leg and uses the bed rail to support wobble. Tight measurements but it fits great.

Attached Files: