Dinky Bunk Fans

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by aimblkjak21, Jul 9, 2010.

1. aimblkjak21

aimblkjak21 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone knows if/where you can buy different types of bunk fans. We have the square ones with the light at the bottom and they don't move any air around. The problem is the blades are to small and there is to much plastic around them. Does anyone know if there are different kids out there? If so where can you get them?

Thanks!

2. Full Circle

Full Circle Greely, Ontario, Canada

If you mean these...
    [​IMG]
    then maybe yours is on its way out. We have two of them and they both blow quite strong. We got them from etrailer. I will suggest one thing to check. Make sure the jacks in the lights aren't wired in reverse. When we brought our new pup home i was testing everything out. We plugged in the fans and were not getting any air flowing. I put my hand behind and could feel a slight breeze, very slow. I popped the light off, reversed the leads to the jacks and everything starting working properly. On a side note, i had to rewire the power roof vent as well. Brand new trailer too...

3. aimblkjak21

aimblkjak21 New Member

Hi Adam,
    DH (electrican) says he looked at that. They are brand new as the old owners never used them. I think they are just a bad design. But thanks for the heads up on that.

4. frankvanw1

frankvanw1 London, Ontario, Canada

Here is what I made up for our bunk. Purchased an automotive 12 volt 2 speed oscillating fan, added an adapter (home made) to power it from the dome light.
    Please see photos here: bunk fan
    Good Luck and Happy Camping!!

5. aimblkjak21

aimblkjak21 New Member

That is exactally what I am looking for frankvanw1! Do you remember where you purchased the fans?

6. Noni

Noni See ya' out there !

etrailer.com has them for $19.95

7. aimblkjak21

aimblkjak21 New Member

sorry just looked. etrailer only has the fans I don't want. but thanks.

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Search "clip on 12v fan" on e-bay or stop bye a truck stop.

9. Zamboni

Zamboni Member

I know you may have found what you are looking for, but I bought one of these for my ice fishing shelter and it works great:

http://www.clamcorp.com/Accessories/LightsFans/FanLightComboLarge/tabid/410/Default.aspx

10. outdoorsnga

outdoorsnga Marietta, Georgia USA

we take a 12inch oscillating fan and plug it in an outlet....it will blow you out of the pup on high, we bought at walmart for about 18 dollars....we use it outside during the day....it has a 3 ft pole and base thats adjustable. But we only camp where we can hookk to electricity so we can use the a/c in summer. But I still like the fan on for the noise as a/c is so quiet....

11. jim1999

jim1999 New Member

In the late spring and summer months Wal Mart usually has 12 volt fans in the auto section.

Truck stops, especially larger chain ones like Petro, Pilot, Flying J, TA usually stock 2 or 3 different ones all year long.

Oh and many Wal Marts stock, in the camping section, small "box fans" (about 5 inch) that can be run off of batteries, 12v or 110 ac.