Disagreement

Tom and Teresa

Jun 18, 2019
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
I saw a vlog by a couple that bought an A-frame camper a few years ago…they give updates every so often. I was blown away when they said they are glad they bought their camper, but it’s really only useful for a weekend or so at a time because of the storage issues. Blew my mind…my husband and I have taken extended trips (up to three weeks) in ours and have absolutely LOVED it! When we first bought it, I spent a lot of time thinking about how to increase storage and make optimal use out of the storage provided. What about the rest of you A-frame owners? Clear containers and command hooks/items became my go to. I measured and bought containers that fit perfectly in our under bed storage and under our dinette seat. Our A-frame provides so much outside storage too. Makes me sad that a camper that makes driving and getting to places so much more safely is being touted that it can only be used so sparingly.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I dont have an a frame.
But everyone camps diffrently. If thats what they want to do, and don't want to change, then thats on them. But as long as they said their happy, who cares. I think everyone in everycamper, eventually finds every space to store stuff.

Dnodoz

Apr 15, 2020
We have done 4 week trips the last two post Covid summers and the only reason to end the trip was to take care of the bricks and sticks house. We have the Aliner Classic 12ft box. What helps us is the midsize truck we tow with. Covered bed and back seat are organized carefully. We take way more stuff than most, fire pit, extra 10lb propane tank, chairs, generator, cooler, ice maker, on and on. Never once did we shorten a trip because we couldn’t carry stuff.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I will say, in the TT we have done multiple trips over two weeks. Mostly all food and meals at the camper with no resupply. I am proud of that. We did need to do laundry on a few of them. But that was about it. Its all how you plan. Food is a big one. The rest , you dont need much.

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
We take way more stuff than most, fire pit, extra 10lb propane tank, chairs, generator, cooler, ice maker, on and on. Never once did we shorten a trip because we couldn’t carry stuff.

Lord Almighty! I get worn out just reading about all that. I would have to break out my reserved for special situation words if I had to schlep all that stuff around. 🤪 😉

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
When we started out - storage was a nightmare. Everything was under our bum :-( Now, after various alterations, large and small, we find that we have extra storage that is not needed in the Aliner.

It helps that we have cut back on the amount of stuff we bring with us, and clothing bags are car-based (except when in the Aliner they live on top of either the always-present-bed or the dinette bench seats).

We are only two adults, but we have overnighted with two young-uns (one night) and our adult daughter (3 nights)

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
When I was a kid, my family of 5 camped from southern California to what was then Mt. McKinley Nat'l Park one summer (and back). In a 2-door proto-SUV. And dad didn't like roof racks so nothing up there. Nothing on the hitch. And we didn't have a trailer at all. (That's the trip where I learned that KOAs are for laundry and showers, not camping.)

I think an Aliner would be nicer, and with plenty of space!