Disney camping

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, Feb 18, 2015.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

I saw a site that rents hybrid campers and said you can use them on the Tent/Pop-up sites at Disney. Has anyone w/ hybrid camped at Disney in these sites?
    Thinking about calling Disney and seeing what they say. Most campgrounds consider the hybrids travel trailers.

2. mk12345

mk12345 Member

Have not used my hybrid there, but did take pup. If I recall if you can get into the site, there should be plenty of room. The trick will be backing in as the roads are narrow and there is not much room to maneuver what would probably be a longer trailer.

I would probably opt to go to one of the travel trailer sites just for site access. The roads and site access in those areas are wider.

3. apopkabob

apopkabob New Member

I have seen many hybrids in the pup up tent areas of ft wilderness backing a trailer over 20 ft might be tricky at some of the sites. Loop 1500 if the tent area

2013 Rockwood 1980
    2015 Ford Explorer

4. sebring96hbg

sebring96hbg New Member

We were there last summer in the 300 loop as an upgrade because of on going maintenance at the time which changed our original assignment. We had to back in our hybrid into a site on the inside of curve that was not quite like a hairpin. Thankfully, a lot of friendly regulars helped.

Those first three loops closest to the marina were not built for today's longer RV's of whatever type. Have fun!